Social and Community Manager
15 days ago
As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent. We’re searching for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
PERKS & BENEFITS
Unlimited Vacation, Paid Sick Days & Holidays
100% Employee Covered Medical, Dental, Vision Plan Base Plan
Life Insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits & More
Catered Lunches & Well-stocked Kitchens
Yoga & Wellness Activities
Jam City is looking for an innovative Social and Community Manager who is focused on social and community engagement for an upcoming high profile licensed game. The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of brand marketing, and experience developing cutting-edge social and digital marketing strategies across a variety of verticals, including gaming, lifestyle, home, fashion, etc.
As the lead ambassador of the game to the community at large, you’ll act as the internal voice of the consumer to the global marketing and product development teams, and you will be responsible for the ongoing content plan and strategic development of all of our owned social channels.
Success in this role requires the ability to work in a cross-functional environment, working across internal teams and with our licensed partners to develop best in class social and community campaigns executed across multiple platforms and channels.
- Oversee content development (visual, video, text) that is optimized for social platforms.
- Develop and track creative briefs managing timelines to ensure projects stay on schedule.
- Plan and execute key community promotions/activations to drive engagement during key in-game events.
- Work closely with Product Marketing and IP stakeholders on content strategy, creative approvals, and synergy opportunities.
- Work with studio production, design, art, and product management teams to gain alignment on priorities, product roadmap, and player concerns.
- Coordinate with Customer Service/VIP teams to ensure consistent voice and messaging to all players.
- Proactively and constantly manage social media platforms to monitor community sentiment and overall content performance.
- Conduct live engagement with players and fans on social platforms while maintaining the appropriate brand voice and tone.
- Stay up-to-date on social media trends, emerging platforms, and best practices.
- Develop reports that provide insights, learnings and strategic recommendations based on content performance
- Identify KPIs and measure the effectiveness of campaigns and implement improvements where necessary.
- 4+ years of experience with social media and community management ideally in lifestyle, home, or fashion categories.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment, with excellent project management and communication skills.
- Detail oriented, with ability to manage scheduling and proofreading social media posts across multiple titles and platforms.
- Innovation and creativity in social media content programming and development.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of social media platforms (Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, Snap, Twitter, Reddit) and how each can work together effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to identify key influencers, build relationships and activate partnerships.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills with proven ability to demonstrate data interpretation that maps back to KPIs.
- Team player (eager to learn and share with teammates)
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, & INCLUSION
We believe in creating games that unite people across the world and that showcase our commitment to providing an environment that is both inclusive and diverse for our players and employees. We strive to create a workforce that is reflective of our global player community as we know that we are stronger and better when we play together. To help promote an inclusive culture, we celebrate the visible and invisible diversity of our Jam Citizens through initiatives including Employee Resource Groups, cultural events, trainings, speaker series, and more.
Jam City is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, religion, ethnicity, marital, or domestic partnerships status, disability, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws. Our management is committed to following this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruiting, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.