Social Media and Influencer Manager
2 days ago
Who we are:
Founded in 2005, 2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming devices and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets. We are proud to publish and support many of today’s most critically acclaimed gaming franchises, including NBA 2K, WWE 2K, Borderlands, BioShock, XCOM and Sid Meier’s Civilization.
Reporting to the Spanish Senior PR Manager, the Spanish Social Media and Influencer Manager will help build and maintain the local 2K social media channels and will be the direct contact to the 2K community in Spain.
The Social Media and Influencer Manager will build and leverage strong relationships to upcoming and existent key influencers in the social media scene.
The Social Media and Influencer Manager will develop and execute Social Media and Influencer Manager plans for all 2K products on all platforms in order to increase 2K’s share of voice in the local social channels, through communication of relevant, exciting, engaging on-brand content to engage our various communities and turn them into loyal evangelists for our games in Spain.
- Develop a strategic and tactical approach to all relevant social media channels.
- Create content and communication materials for our local social media channels.
- Generate ideas for content opportunities and manage production, approvals and distribution of assets.
- Work with the Go To Market Social team to execute the social media content plan in Spain and help execute community events (fans, cosplayers).
- Monitoring of 2K social media channels whilst engaging with the local 2K community.
- Work with the PR team to support and promote the results of press trips, product demos and local talent tours.
- Develop and maintain a social & influencer contacts data base.
- Keep up to date with SpikeTrap and other social metric tools available (Synthesio,…).
- Track 2K product and activity trending and ‘chatter’ on Twitter and Facebook.
- Community advocate: Engage with the local 2K community. Understand their concerns and desires (particularly in relation to local concerns), and relay those to the relevant departments across 2K globally.
- Devise initiatives for additional fan created content and ways for 2K to reward consumer involvement (including attending out of hour’s shows, conventions and expos).
- Ensure all social and community channels are inter-linked, driving traffic to each channel with cross-promotion and content teasing.
- Assist the Customer Service department in identifying, routing, and escalating international customer service issues to the proper personnel and departments.
Key Skills and Requirements:
- At least 3 years’ experience working in social media, community or influencer management, or a similar role, ideally within the games industry
- Excellent understanding of the Social Media and Influencer landscape. including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, Discord, YouTube, Twitch, Steam, Reddit, Forums, blogs, etc.
- A good contact book of established and up and coming Spanish Influencer talent – specialist and mainstream – and a solid understanding of the local media and new media landscape.
- Affinity with video games and a good knowledge of the entertainment industry.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are fundamentally crucial.
- A passion for Social Media, communities and creative flair is a must, as are strong negotiation and influencing skills at all levels.
- A dedication to professionalism including self-presentation, time keeping, strong work ethic and a desire to continually self-improve and be innovative.
- Previous experience of line management responsibility is preferable, or demonstration of required leadership skills such as facilitation, openness, negotiation, fairness, integrity, respect and confidence.
- Experience of management of external agencies and suppliers is beneficial
Founded in 2005, 2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming systems and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets, which are delivered through physical retail, digital download, online platforms and cloud streaming services. 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, sports, casual, and family entertainment. The 2K label has some of the most talented development studios in the world today, including Firaxis Games, Visual Concepts, 2K Marin, 2K Czech, Hangar 13, Cat Daddy Games and 2K China. 2K’s stable of high-quality titles includes the critically acclaimed BioShock®, Borderlands™ and XCOM® franchises, the beloved Sid Meier’s Civilization series, the popular WWE 2K franchise and NBA 2K, the #1 rated and #1 selling basketball franchise. 2K is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO). For more information, please visit www.2k.com
2K is an equal opportunities employer and as such will endeavor to provide reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process where required. We invite candidates to notify us should they wish to discuss any reasonable adjustments.