This job might no longer be available.
Social Media Marketing Manager
1 month ago
Offworld Industries Ltd. (Offworld) is the independent studio behind the successful military first-person shooter game, “Squad”. Offworld was formed in 2014 by more than 15 developers who had worked together on the well known Project Reality mod for Battlefield 2. The founding purpose of the team was to bring a standalone successor of this acclaimed mod to market and build a game development studio and a livelihood from that foundation.
Fast forward to 2024, Offworld has over 140 employees and is rapidly growing. We have been expanding the studio into serving as a publisher supporting mods and have just released our new title into early access, "Starship Troopers: Extermination", a 16-player PvE first-person shooter based on the 1997 cult-classic film.
We are built on passion, unified spirit and continuing efforts to break the mold. We strive to become a leader in creating large-scale multiplayer games as well as supplying others with the ability to do the same. We are looking for a talented Social Media Marketing Manager (remote across Canada) for our current and upcoming Unreal Engine based multiplayer games. If you are passionate about making great games and a team player, we are looking for you!
About the role:
Offworld is seeking an experienced Social Media Marketing Manager that is passionate about social media campaigns, creating engaging organic social media strategies, and is well versed in content strategy.
Reporting to the Senior Marketing Manager, the Social Media Marketing Manager will be responsible for taking our social media strategies to the next level, for all products as well as our corporate channels. In particular, this role will work with our community managers to craft organic social media copy for each game, with our people team to craft a successful social media strategy to help further elevate our studio’s online presence, and will work with the senior marketing manager to improve social media content campaigns.
A successful candidate will have a strong background in copywriting, social media, asset conception, and process pipeline management as well as an understanding of connecting paid and organic media to compliment each other for greater success.
Note: The work location for this role is in New Westminster, Canada, and all candidates must be located within the country.
- Create unique social media marketing plans, content strategies, and tactics tailored to our specific games and their content releases
- Create and maintain social media calendars
- Oversee content request and approval pipelines with both internal and external partners
- Draft reports for executive team members highlighting notable events, trends, and success metrics
- Write social media advertising copy
- Work with Marketing Art team members in the creation of visual assets
- Proactively identify unique social media opportunities/trends to capitalize on
- Act as a liaison between community management and marketing when needed
- Manage social media assets - deliverables, prioritization, internal due dates, public facing posting
- Oversee/assist biz dev with brand management related to social media and online store platforms
- Establish further guidelines for brand voice & tone for Offworld products and Offworld corporate channels
- Provide additional training and mentoring to CM’s surrounding social media response engagement
- Oversee & assist Community Managers with organic social media copy creation
- Set and track KPIs for all social platforms and provide reporting
- Manage events including social media contests, charity events, and assist overseeing online tournaments and other game initiatives that require social media campaigns
- Meet frequently with key members of Production, Community, QA, and other teams to provide insight into product needs informed by social media trends
- Competitive research and analysis
- 5+ years of social media experience, including direct experience with advertising
- A deep understanding of social media platforms, how they differ, and how strategies for growth differ between the platforms
- Experience guiding brands through sensitive communication scenarios, managing sensitive communication matters and proactively screening for risks pertaining to current events
- Experience planning online events for gaming brands/studios, including but not limited to charity events and contests
- Experience reviewing art assets with a critical eye
- Project management experience related to social media & community marketing campaigns
- Fluent in English, with strong written skills
- The ability to multitask across several projects at once
- Experience setting and reaching KPIs related to social media platforms
- Self motivated and highly productive
- An empathetic and collaborative approach to strategic planning
- An active awareness of outside social issues that may inform brand tone, voice, and strategic decision making
- Flexibility to adopt marketing or community management duties outside of their immediate job mandate as the need arises; ability to function within a startup culture
- The ability to ‘lead’ even if not within a people management role
This is a full-time permanent position.
Salary range: $75,000 - $85,000 CAD/annually
This role offers:
- Extended health and dental benefits
- Wellness & health spending account
- Retirement savings plan
- 3 weeks of paid vacation and 2 weeks of paid studio shutdown over the December holiday period
- Wonderful colleagues!
If you meet the above qualifications, and Offworld sounds like the kind of company you want to be a part of, please apply now with a copy of your resume and cover letter.
Offworld Industries is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, language, citizenship, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, physical and/or mental handicap, financial ability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.