Social Media Marketing Lead - Esports
Los Angeles, California, United States
3 days ago
The Social Media Lead on Global Esports establishes the League of Legends esports voice on owned channels and amplifying the brand through community channels. As a member of the global esports team you'll keep LoL esports social media game on point by developing the global channel and content strategy, creating and delivering content to passionate fans and building the global community for the sport. You’ll be a part of the world’s largest esport, bringing the brand to life for millions of passionate fans. You will report to the Director of Marketing for Global Esports.
- Develop the overarching channel and community strategy for League of Legends esports and collaborate with regional teams
- Manage League of Legends esports global channels and managing an agency team, creating topical content, driving relevant community engagement
- Develop content programs in partnership with brand, creative and agency teams to achieve League of Legends esports goals focused on fan growth and engagement
- Lead a team of content producers, and agency partners to provide content programs
- Manage relationships with Social media platforms
- Partner with regional social media managers to promote a cohesive global narrative for the sport
- Work with the product team to develop the League of Legends esports web experience
- Evaluate the performance of campaigns and share insights with the publishing team to help guide overall brand strategy and improve growth and engagement
- 5+ years in social or digital media, at an agency or in-house
- Proficient in social media tools, platforms, and software
- Global experience working at an international HQ or across countries/markets.
- Interest in esports or experience working in sports content and media (organization, leagues, partners, agencies, and teams)
- Experience managing content pipelines (in-house and external/agency)
- Fluent in written and verbal English, and fluency in at least one other language would be a plus
- For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise and a collaborative spirit that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
- Undergraduate degree
- Experience in social media/digital/PR/communications
- Experience managing complex, multi-team projects
- An understanding of sports and digital marketing trends
- Experience leading or working with growth marketing teams
- Expertise in overseeing and optimizing social media budgets across multiple platforms
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave , plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.