This job might no longer be available.
Social Media Manager
20 days ago
1047 Games began with the simple principle that people should have fun while making great games. Bucking convention and driven by a passion to create the ultimate gaming experience, Ian Proulx and Nicholas Bagamian founded 1047 Games in 2017 in their Stanford dorm room. Their love for arena shooters of the past drove them to create Splitgate, a unique sci-fi first-person shooter that adds portal guns to upend the genre.
What started as two computer science majors putting portals into a first-person shooter for a project demo has evolved into a VC-backed company which has raised more than $120MM in funding.
At 1047 Games, you’ll find a permanently remote, dedicated team of top-tier talent from some of the world’s biggest gaming and tech companies who share our founders’ vision. Grit, ingenuity, a desire to have fun, and a start up mentality define our crew. We are currently working on a brand new shooter in the Splitgate universe.
What You Will Do:
- Lead social calendars, write on-brand copy, edit and create content in both static and video form
- Work with the player engagement team to build effective and engaging social campaigns
- Develop creative briefs for needed assets and work cross functionally through their production and approvals processes
- Ideate on compelling static, motion, short form and long form video for social media verticals including TikTok, Instagram, and X/Twitter
- Manage the Splitgate YouTube channel and publish content
- Regularly analyze and report on key metrics, make recommendations for strategic and tactical shifts to adapt to an ever-changing social media landscape
- Engage with players, creators, and brands in post comments across various owned channels
Who Will Be a Great Fit:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- 2-4 years of professional experience managing social media channels, with proven success building accounts on TikTok
- A thorough understanding of best practices and opportunities to innovate across many social media verticals
- Have a finger on the pulse of the cultural zeitgeist both within and outside of gaming
- A content creator with demonstrable experience building their own brand on social media is a huge plus
- Data driven with a strong understanding of the key metrics necessary to the performance of content and the channels it lives on
- Experience establishing brand voice and tone is a plus
- Strong knowledge of 1047 Games and the Splitgate community is a plus
- Excellent communication and copywriting skills
- Comfortability narrating content or appearing on camera is a plus
- An outside-the-box thinker
- Experience working with social listening, publishing, and analytical tools
- Working familiarity with Adobe (or equivalent) software, including Photoshop, Premiere, and After Effects