This job might no longer be available.
Social Media & Community Specialist
Santa Clara, California, United States
14 days ago
The Social Marketing & Community Specialist will execute the social marketing plans and tactics for BANDAI NAMCO’s video game business unit. S/he will work to implement best in class social marketing & community programs and promotions to amplify marketing campaigns for BANDAI NAMCO’s exciting portfolio of games. S/he will focus on coordinating with the Brand Marketing, Public Relations, and other teams to create content calendars, develop community initiatives, and participate in the evolution of our social media strategy and execution. Participating at events such as E3, PAX, Anime Expo and interacting with our fans to build lasting relationships are some of the reasons that make this role so fun.
The Social & Community Specialist will support titles from BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment’s product roster including, but not limited to, SOULCALIBUR, Tekken, Ace Combat, Dark Souls, Dragon Ball, One Piece, Naruto, Sword Art Online, etc. Knowledge and experience with these (and similar) properties and their communities are highly valued.
A primary goal is to continue to grow the communities around our games and explore new methods of raising brand awareness, engagement, and loyalty among the regional audiences. In addition, s/he will leverage and optimize existing social channels such as Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, and Twitch as well as identify and utilize new social media used by our fans. The social marketing & community team will continue to grow and engage the communities around our games and explore new ways of raising brand awareness and loyalty. This position requires close collaboration with the Production, Marketing, PR, Creative Services, and Customer Support teams internally and internationally to ensure success. Solid teamwork and communication are critical success factors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan and develop social marketing & community management programs
- Help define and maintain the regional community management strategy including methods for engagement, moderation policies, content building, and outreach initiatives
- Establish and maintain community calendar of events that consists of daily, weekly, and /or monthly tasks
- Participate in and help develop community-facing initiatives and events including contests, offline events, show and events presence, etc.
- Engage with relevant local influencers to embrace organic and authentic relationships with the various brands
- Monitor discussion forums and other communication media to identify common player issues and discussion patterns. Respond to community promptly, professionally and accurately
- Prepare and filter feedback reports gathered through different channels including recommendations for games experience and content improvements
- Set goals for, track, and report on social metrics as well as helping inform on metrics’ significance
- Partner with social agencies to ensure clear communications and high-quality campaigns
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- 3-4 yrs. of online community management experience (or relevant experience)
- Working knowledge of social media platforms, tools, and best-practices
- Extensive knowledge of anime, Japan culture, and the video game industry a plus
- Solid experience working alongside social media & creative agencies
- Strong passion for video games, especially Japan developed or centric games
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to organize campaigns, analyze metrics, realize business goals, and present results
- Ability to speak in front of the camera; be a dynamic on-camera presenter or host
- Previous experience building and moderating online communities and providing customer service a plus
- Technical knowledge of online community platforms, systems, and software a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Domestic and international travel is required
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU ALSO...
- Are familiar with various social campaigns in the video game space and can leverage social trends into practical strategies
- Have a strong familiarity with video editing and streaming software and platforms
- Regularly use Adobe Photoshop or other image editing software
- Are already involved in various online or local gaming communities
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
About BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc.
BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc., part of BANDAI NAMCO Holdings Inc., is a leading global publisher and developer of interactive content — including all major video game consoles, iOS, mobile and online. The company is known for creating and publishing many of the industry’s top video game franchises, including PAC-MAN®, Tekken®, SOULCALIBUR®, NARUTO™, NARUTO SHIPPUDEN™, Dragon Ball®, GALAGA®, RIDGE RACER® and ACE COMBAT®. More information about the company and its products can be found at www.bandainamcoent.com.