Social Media Associate, VALORANT
15 days ago
As Social Media Associate, you'll join our Content team to help manage social media and digital broadcast channels for premier global esports leagues with a special focus on VALORANT. You will work with designers, on-air talent, event teams and partners globally to guide product vision and manage a vendor suite.
As a Rioter in Berlin, you'll join a tight-knit team that shares our focus on player experience, rejection of convention and passion for gaming. Together with a team of dedicated esports enthusiasts you will create awesome player experiences in and around esports in EMEA. You will report to the Social Media Manager.
- Alongside the Social Media Manager you will assist with development of the social media strategy for VALORANT. You will help to shape the voice on social media channels and to cement our presence as leaders in the social media and wider sports entertainment space
- Oversee daily operations on existing social channels channels and ensure brand and tone of voice consistency according to channel strategy
- Escalation of internal social related requests / feedback during the weekend and show days
- Coordinate content calendars for multiple social channels
- Create weekly/ monthly and seasonal reporting guidelines for our vendors
- Lead retros after main events to ensure content strategy and efficiency is working well
- Deliver channel and content reporting for partners
- Assist with event coverage planning and social activations
- Establish and manage communication between different regions and in-house brands, as well as external teams
- Identify opportunities to develop programs that guide long-term fandom and growth
- Maintain relationships with social media partners and identify trends in the space
- 2+ years in social media or web channel management, at an agency or in-house
- Proficient in social media tools, platforms, and software (Sprinklr, Twitch)
- In-depth knowledge of esports or experience working in esports (organization, leagues, partners, agencies, and teams)
- Available to work on show days (including weekends during the season)
- Undergraduate degree
- Hands-on and strategic experience in social media/digital/PR/communications
- Experience working in social media in sports entertainment
- Fluency in one or more European languages
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Commuting allowance
- Play funds so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- Daily lunch, snacks and fruits in the office
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to nonprofits
- Travel allowance
- Wellness allowance
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games. We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we're excited to hear from you. Don't be discouraged if you feel you don't fully meet every single one of the requirements for a role, there's always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.