Site Reliability Engineer
16 days ago
Job Title:Site Reliability Engineer
Activision Central Tech works to support our development studios and their titles. Comprised of seven main teams, we have many specialties including big data, privacy and security, motion capture and animation pipeline technologies, graphics, build and infrastructure for studio development and data centers, optimization, systems programming and online services including matchmaking and networking. Central Tech is distributed globally with offices across the U.S., and in Canada, England, Ireland and Japan.
Most of our teams are comprised of both engineering and research talent, allowing us to always have an eye on the future. Our dedicated engineers help with title development and provide valuable knowledge sharing between studios while our researchers make things happen and keep a strong connection with the needs of the game studios.
Central Tech is part of Activision. To learn more about us and our research, please visit us at https://research.activision.com/ .
The Central Tech team is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to join us in managing the infrastructure that supports backend game servers for some of the largest multiplayer games in the world. This is a very small team with a very large responsibility!
The individual in this position will act as the point of interception for day-to-day studio and team server support. This position will also be responsible for building out documentation, alerting, monitoring and assisting in building SOPs for identifying and resolving issues.
- Apply your technical expertise to improve the scalability and reliability of our services platforms that are built on open-source technologies.
- Investigate and resolve problems at scale for our critically important services. Contribute to root cause analysis efforts. Help the team implement fixes and apply what we’ve learned to prevent recurring issues.
- Demonstrate a customer-focused demeanor, keeping the success of our game studio partners and an excellent player experience front and center at all times.
- Influence our technology community with your expertise.
- Be a contributing member of the worldwide Activision engineering community. Bring knowledge and standard methodologies into the team and share your expertise with other teams who will benefit from it.
- Share comprehensive design feedback in the development of new services and service architecture, both with your own team members and with other teams across the company.
- Build long-term working relationships with senior online developers, technical directors, and producers across Activision’s game studios.
- 2+ years relevant work experience
- Technical expertise in service scalability and reliability
- Expertise in Python
- Expertise in Django
- Expertise in Nagios/Splunk
- Experience with Deployment tools (Ansible/Puppet/Chef)
- Experience with Docker Containerization
- Experience writing Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Knowledge Base Articles (KBs)
- Experience with program management methodologies and working with Program Managers
- Experience with automated testing frameworks
- Experience working in a business-critical production environment
- Understanding of React
- Cloud experience (AWS/GCP/Azure)
- JIRA experience
- Experience working in game economy
- Experience working with high-volume, consumer-facing applications
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing situations and requirements
- Excellence in proactive, open-minded collaboration across teams
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for "Every World’" - we’ve got our employees covered!
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.