This job might no longer be available.
Site Reliability Engineer Intern
20 days ago
Job Title:Site Reliability Engineer Intern
S ite Reliability Engineer Intern
Demonware (Activision), Vancouver
Interns will be required to be onsite at the Demonware Vancouver office following the team's work schedule (hybrid, 3 days a week), a relocation package may be offered depending on eligibility.
Demonware is a member of the Activision family of studios. We work alongside engineers and creatives at our AAA partner studios and deliver the online and data services required by our franchises. We craft, develop, and host services for some of the world’s biggest video game franchises, including Call of Duty and Crash Bandicoot.
We are a technology company and dedicated to openness. This means collaborating to tackle problems, the freedom to talk to anyone, and the best idea wins. We take the work seriously; ourselves, not so much!
We’re open to work terms of 8+ months. If you just graduated, we still want to hear from you!
Big company challenges, small company culture
Demonware hosts millions of concurrently connected users. Some of the technologies we use are Python, Linux, MySQL, C++, and Erlang. We solve tough problems on a day-to-day basis, and interns have a huge impact on what we do . We’ve had interns produce code and have it running in production within the first three days of joining.
- Maintain and evolve the database platform and its various services .
- Assist with the direction of our operational architecture, taking into account our dedication to maximum reliability for players, and timely responses.
- Ensure all components are highly scalable and maintainable.
- Participate in various stages of the development process on a cross-disciplinary team.
- Work with highly skilled engineers from all over the world.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Familiarity with some of the following technologies; Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins, MySQL, Redis, Vitess
- Automation / scripting skills and a desire to automate all the things.
- Comfortable with at least one scripting language, e.g. Python or Golang.
- Understanding of fundamental technologies, e.g. TCP/IP, Linux/Unix internals.
- Validated capacity for an investigative approach and keen to learn new technologies .
- Experience communicating within and across teams.
- Knowledge of public cloud providers and cloud technologies.
- A background in Software Engineering.
- Experience with game development or game engines.
- Experience with Kubernetes and golang
Please list any additional experience you have with Linux at home, any programming-related hobbies and resulting projects, any exciting school assignments you worked on, any open-source involvement and a link to your code repository and/or blog.
- Complimentary breakfast, lunch, and drinks from a fully stocked kitchen
- BBQs and Lunch & Learns
- City-center office location
- Vacation allowance
- Competitive pay
- Free games
You can apply directly through your Coop office or directly apply at demonware.net
If you are not applying through your school program, please submit your resume, cover letter (optional but preferred) and a copy of your most recent school transcripts.
The standard base pay range for this role is 65,000 CAD annually. This value is the expected annualized base pay of interns in British Columbia, Canada. Ultimately, your offer will be based on several factors, including relevant education, performance, and work location. Your Talent Professional can share additional details for this role during the hiring process.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications ? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply