PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Join the award-winning team that created God of War
You possess the ability to effectively collaborate with a wide-range of development team members outside of your direct subject area (e.g. the Art Director, Designers, Technical Artists, Animators, Programmers, Producers) to optimally achieve artistic goals as they relate to design and technological considerations.
- Serve as a high level contributor to the development of the artistic techniques and processes utilized to define and achieve a product’s visual style or encourage artistic evolution within the studio. Develop an extensive knowledge of the art production pipeline and all engine, tools and systems associated with the creation of art assets.
- Maintain the artistic goals and vision through all phases of the game development cycle from pre-production through final product release. This entails ensuring environment/level assets are of the highest artistic quality and uphold the integrity of the game's design and artistic vision of the game as a whole.
- Maintain a strong knowledge of the game's design to support communication and enable early identification of issues, as well as help drive participation in discussions.
- Facilitate requests or information needs regarding any aspect of the environment/level art creation process as requested.
- Resolve an assortment of moderately complex artistic development challenges for artists as well as other team members.
- Actively improve skill set and abilities by keeping aware of industry trends and techniques, evaluating competitive products, learning new software packages and traditional art methods.
- Generate documentation for outsourcing assets, as well as the integration of assets, asset and texture optimization, and support for LOD and collision in the level design.
- Demonstrate strong time management and prioritization skills by collaborating with Production to develop task lists to ensure assignments are progressing as expected according to schedules, milestones and overall project goals.
- Clearly communicate updates and properly call out concerns to the appropriate team members and managers.
- General understanding of level art workflow, including assembly, set dressing, lighting and asset composition across levels
- Strong traditional fine art skills, training and production experience (illustration, painting, organic forms, color theory, perspective, 2D & 3D design)
- Proficient with destruction/simulation software including Houdini, FractureFX, Bullet, PhysX, and Pulldownit
- Proficient with fluid simulation plugins/software such as Maya Fluids, Realflow, PhoenixFD, and FumeFX
- Experience with rigid body and particle dynamics
- Proficient in the use of Maya (or 3D modeling package) and Photoshop
- Strong understanding of physical dynamics and natural phenomena
- Good communication, organizational, time management and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under minimal direction to determine and develop approach to solutions
- B.A. in fine arts or relevant curriculum, or equivalent skillset
- Minimum 2 years’ industry or related experience
- Z-Brush/Mudbox experience desirable
- Knowledge of Python/MEL a plus
- Generalist/rigging background a plus
- Familiarity with video game product development is desirable, including but not limited to: workflow, tools, lighting, high and low poly modeling, texture paining, surface sampling, particle systems, mapping techniques, UV layout, in-game animation, material setup, layout, sfx, and engine parameters/optimizations
- Previous or next-gen video game platform experience is desirable
- 1 or more published titles considered a strength
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information , including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information , including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.