Simplified Chinese Linguist - Gaming
7 days ago
Keywords Studios is an international technical and creative services provider to the global video games industry.
Established in 1998 and headquartered in Dublin, Keywords now has over 60 studios located across Europe, North America, South America and Asia. We provide integrated art production, engineering, audio services, testing, localization and player support services across 50 languages and 14 game platforms to 23 of the top 25 most prominent games companies. When you join the Keywords Family, you are joining over 10,000 passionate gaming employees around the world.
At Keywords Studios, we are using our passion for games, technology and media to create a global services platform for the video games industry and beyond. Our aim is to become the “go to” provider of technical services across a variety of service lines.
Keywords Studios is looking for a Simplified Chinese Linguist to join our Localization team. You will join a team of 300+ highly dedicated professionals providing world-class language services and testing to the video games industry internationally.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of a team of 12 linguists covering 12 languages & focusing on publishing and in-game content for Bungie. The role is to translate from English into Simplified Chinese. This role requires excellent language skills, creativity and a passion for Games.
This is a hybrid role with a requirement to be onsite in our Dublin office at least 2-3 days per week.
• Translate/trans create content from English to Simplified Chinese to a high quality standard
• Be responsible for all linguistic aspects of the translations you are assigned to ensure the best possible quality is achieved
• Work closely with other linguists, Project Managers and the Translation team to ensure high standards of linguistic quality in all projects
• Create and continually improve glossaries, manage terminology and create guidelines for Simplified Chinese
• Perform Quality Assurance tasks
• Suggest process improvements that will deliver the goal of optimal translation quality
• Work closely with your colleague in the Keywords Montreal team on Simplified Chinese quality for Bungie content
• Collaborate with linguists in other languages on cross-group quality objectives
• Support the Testing Department on linguist standards and questions in your language
- C2/Fluent level Simplified Chinese speaker
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Passion for the interactive entertainment space and close familiarity with the games industry Educational qualification in linguistics
• Experience in translation, community management, copywriting or linguistics
• Excellent verbal and written linguistic skills both in Simplified Chinese and English
• Must be self-motivated and able to operate in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
• Strong interpersonal skills
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.