ROLE OVERVIEW: We are looking for a passionate Senior or Lead 3D Artist who enjoys working on an agile and fast paced team that is bringing high quality VR projects to life. In this role, you will lead the creation of high-quality 3D art, using proprietary tools in VR. You will direct and mentor a team of three talented artists and collaborate with designers, engineers, UX/UI specialists, and VR platform professionals.
We are a hybrid Vancouver-based studio so are happy to consider candidates from all over Canada to work remotely. We also offer relocation assistance to candidates who wish to move to BC, Canada.
ABOUT US: Archiact Interactive is a Virtual Reality (VR) Game Studio that develops new and unique ways for people to play games and interact with each other. We partner with IP holders, large publishers, and tech brands to create and deliver immersive, high-end game experiences across multiple platforms with a special focus on building new tools for cutting edge emerging technology. We are a hybrid studio with employees all across Canada, reporting into our headquarters in Vancouver, BC. We have a new studio incorporated in Toronto, Ontario. Our Ontario studio is 100% remote at this time, with plans to open a new office in the future.
OUR GAMES: We have published over 30 VR tiles since 2013 on every major platform and in every major global market. Recent titles include DOOM 3: VR Edition (on PSVR), FREEDIVER: Triton Down (on PC, PSVR and Oculus Quest), and MARVEL: Dimension of Heroes (a smartphone-powered Superhero experience built for Lenovo Mirage AR). We are developing several new and highly innovative projects with prominent industry partners and are searching for the best and the brightest to help us transform the world of VR game development.
OUR VALUES: Archiact’s core values are focused on innovation, diversity & inclusion, kindness & respect, creative integrity, open communication, and the strong belief that VR game experiences offer unique opportunities for human connection, discovery, well-being, and joy. At Archiact, equity, diversity, and inclusivity are developed and directed by our employees, allowing us to build innovative and immersive experiences that are accessible and meaningful to a wider audience. We seek to build a diverse team, and to nurture a safe, inclusive work environment where everyone can thrive.
ABOUT YOU: You are comfortable working in a close-knit and collaborative team with a wide range of skill sets and personalities. You enjoy the creative problem-solving process required to bring original concepts and high-profile IPs to life in an immersive experience. You thrive in teams and are open to bringing new ideas to the table to assist in raising the quality bar of the end product.
- Work closely with and mentor a small team of level and generalist artists, creating 3D art with proprietary tools.
- Collaborate with a team of designers, engineers, and UX/UI specialists to define concepts and implement them into full 3D VR scenes
- Conceptualize, layout, build, light and set dress 3D VR scenes in headset on a wide range of styles and subject matter.
- Organize and maintain art assets, adhering to established pipelines.
- 3+ years of experience as a 3D Artist at a PC, console, or mobile games studio.
- A 3D art portfolio to demonstrate your skills and experience.
- Proven ability in creating VR art or in taking environments from concept through to set dressing, lighting, and complete final scenes.
- Experience working in Unity.
- Experience in animation.
- Experience working with VR/AR hardware. Comfortable wearing a VR headset for extended periods.
- An eye for lighting and using it to establish high-quality environments.
- Working knowledge of Maya or Max, and Substance Painter.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- A self-starter with a strong work ethic.
- A team-player attitude with the ability to collaborate effectively with various stakeholders in a fast-paced environment.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience and enthusiasm in creating art with user-generated content applications and games such as Tiltbrush, The Sims, Dreams, or Little Big Planet.
- Proficient in Z-brush, Substance Designer/Painter, and other DCC software.
BENEFITS & PERKS - WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU:
- A competitive base salary.
- Comprehensive extended health and wellness benefits including employee assistance program (in effect from first day of employment, premiums paid in full by the employer).
- Annual Health & Wellness allowance.
- 3 weeks paid parental leave (top-up on EI).
- Generous annual vacation time and personal health days.
- Paid studio closure for the Winter Holidays.
- We offer the choice of fully remote, in-studio, or a hybrid work arrangement for Vancouver employees. Team members in other provinces are welcomed on a remote working basis.
- Relocation assistance for candidates outside of BC, Canada.
- An opportunity to work with high-profile partners on emerging technical platforms.
- The chance to be part of an experienced, high-achieving and fun team.
- An inclusive and diverse team and atmosphere.
- The opportunity to help pave the way for the future of VR gaming.