Senior Workplace Manager
17 days ago
At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar North is on the lookout for a talented Senior Workplace Manager. As part of the Workplace Services Team, you will provide key management of the day-to-day operation of the site and its facilities services. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in the heart of Edinburgh.
WHAT WE DO
- The Rockstar Workplace Services Team is responsible for making sure the workplace, building, facilities and services work harmoniously together to support the core business.
- We create a creative, supportive, and safe working environment for the staff at Rockstar.
- We manage and develop both hard and soft facilities services including building maintenance, security, cleaning, catering and space utilisation and strategy.
- We ensure the site complies will all relevant compliance and legislation.
- We partner with senior leadership to drive proactive real estate growth strategies, leasehold improvement, and capital expenditure projects.
- Overall responsibility for the building and facilities services at Rockstar North, ensuring a safe, comfortable, and supportive environment is provided proactively for staff and visitors.
- Overall contract management for building and facilities services including procurement process, budget management, contract negotiation, day-to-day operational oversite, and performance management.
- Management of building and Workplace Services projects taking them from their identification through to completion ensuring all deadlines are met and communications to key stakeholders upheld.
- Ensure full compliance with all legal and statutory requirements at all times, including Health & Safety, COSHH, sustainability legislation etc.
- Ensure the effective documentation and development of building and facilities information, particularly operational processes and documents required for safety and compliance.
- Assist Workplace Leaders in related global projects and initiatives.
- Oversee and manage the North Workplace Services team ensuring they carry out their roles professionally and to the required standard coaching and developing where needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Educated to degree level or with equivalent vocational education and experience.
- At least 4 years’ experience working within Workplace Service or Facilities Services at management level.
- Experience in overseeing service contracts including their procurement, performance, and management.
- Excellent understanding of current safety legislation and best practice.
- A detail oriented, flexible self-starter with strong initiative, excellent organisational and multitasking skills.
- Excelling planning and project management skills with the ability to consider things from multiple angles.
- Process driven, but outcome focused, and always looking for quality improvement and ensuring they are documented accurately.
- Capable of working autonomously, managing, and prioritising their own workload and understanding when and where to seek guidance and approval.
- Able to drive Workplace Services initiatives, plans and projects forward and maintain excellent working relationship with other stakeholders and local management.
- Experience working alongside overlapping business support fields (e.g. IT, Administration, Operations).
- Excellent communication (written and verbal).
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to coach and develop direct reports to work as a team to ensure service meets appropriate goals.
- Enthusiasm and the ability to create a sense of fun and motivate a team whilst upholding standards and maintaining discipline.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word and Excel).
- Sound numerical skills and IT skills.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- A IWFM or IFMA qualification or willingness to undertake training.
- NEBOSH Safety Qualification or equivalent.
- Previous experience within the Creative Industries – video games, film, television, music – would be beneficial.
- Experience with Monday.com.
- Experience with AutoCAD and project management platforms.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar North recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.