Senior Visual Designer
11 days ago
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What You'll Do
Epic is looking for passionate Visual Designers, ranging from mid level-level to experienced Principals and seasoned Managers, to join our team working on Fortnite. In this position, you will collaborate with UX designers to design features and UX/UI systems by generating high fidelity mockups, prototypes, design systems, and style guides. You will work closely with and assist the UI technical designers and UI Engineers as they build your designs into rapid prototypes and shippable UI to players.
In This Role You Will
- Create game menus, HUD elements, in-world graphic design, logos, iconography systems, and motion graphics.
- Work closely with UX, game design, code, audio, and animation to create beautiful looking UI and graphic design elements that compliment what the rest of the team is creating.
- Work to design solutions for a diverse range of platforms.
- Level up the visual quality of Fortnite’s UI, brand, and style.
- Work across the Fortnite UX/UI discipline to define, maintain, and evolve the tools, processes, and communication around asset management.
- Create complex materials that are used by UI to achieve motion graphics.
What We're Looking For
- 5+ years of experience designing in game UI and/or other visual displays for games, movies, or websites, etc.
- You are skilled with Figma, the Adobe Suite, and prototyping software.
- A strong portfolio showing your work and insight into your process. Your work should show your ability to balance contrast, hierarchy, alignment, color, and composition into quality visual and interactive designs.
- You’re highly proactive and able to work autonomously, but really enjoy collaborating as part of a high performing team.
- You have the ability to see features through to completion and rapidly modify design as information changes.
- You have a passion for making and playing games.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A proactive individual who naturally leans into owning outcomes from start to finish.
- A collaborative, team player with experience working in Agile environments and on multi-disciplinary teams.
- You are able to deal with ambiguity well and you adapt to change of plans quickly.
Nice To Have Skills
- Experience with Unreal Engine and designing and/or building 3D graphics.
- You have worked on 2+ AAA game titles.
- Unreal Motion Graphics UI Designer experience.
- Experience with building materials in Unreal Engine.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 3,000+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.