Senior VFX Artist
15 days ago
YOUR DAILY ADVENTURE
A Senior VFX artist is responsible for the design and delivery of high quality Visual Effects content and to ensure they are in line with the artistic vision of the game.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Create and optimize particle effects and FX controllers for the world;
- Create and iteratively develop game assets including geometry, full-screen post effects, custom shaders (if needed), from conception to final, polished and optimized assets on the target platforms within the game engine;
- Follow concept art, story boards, written descriptions, and scripts to prototype and implement visual effects in-game;
- Work closely with fellow artists, programmers, animators, game designers and sound designers;
- Work closely and with direction of Creative Leadership to create high quality visual effects;
- Optimize visual effects to ensure we’re running at acceptable FPS on the target platforms.
- Shows maturity in problem and conflict resolution. Proactively voices out concern to stake holders with supported justification;
- Maintains a professional and healthy relationship with all the SIN team members;
- Approachable and maintains a positive attitude in meetings (reviews, planning…);
- Show exemplary commitment, even in critical situations;
- Collaborate with Gameplay programmers to ensure necessary VFX hooks are exposed for gameplay related effects;
- Collaborate with Graphics Programmers to ensure necessary technology/features are present in order to reach the visual benchmarks;
- Collaborate with the art director to ensure alignment between artistic vision and technical feasibility of VFX;
- Ensure close collaboration with other studios when necessary.
- Actively communicate all dependencies, changes and task completion to PMs;
- Initiate and participate in the knowledge sharing, problem solving, and technology research with other team leaders within and/or across projects.
- Works according to the priorities in JIRA;
- Shows maturity in planning his work and providing visibility to production;
- Provides regular visibility on progress of his work by archiving and sharing content.
- Has very good knowledge about the video game industry and its evolution;
- Uses his knowledge of the competition to adapt his game to the expectations of consumers;
- Promotes the project's marketing orientations.
For the studio and the group:
- The success of the project is the main objective, success also means growing the studio competencies.
- Identify and promotes the application of the best ideas; Contributes to major innovations.
- Support recruitment, training, team building, knowledge sharing, and motivating.
- Share experience, develop a Ubisoft culture.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Artistic skills and understanding Traditional Art and Animation principles;
- Has a passion for making games, interested in developing artistic and technical skills;
- Some experience working on real-time VFX with game engines;
- Experienced with Houdini and any other VFX tools
WHAT YOU’LL ENJOY
Check out our list of perks and benefits here: https://www.ubisoftsingapore.com/
JOIN THE SQUAD
Making games is serious business, but it's very important for us to have fun while creating awesome worlds so that we can convey the same sense of joy to millions of players in the world.
Come on board and experience #LifeAtUbi for yourself, we are always on the lookout for talents who thrive in bringing their A-game to work. If this sounds like you, shoot us your resume, portfolio, and anything else to show that you’re serious about fun!
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
CREATOR OF WORLDS
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Since opening its doors in 2008, Ubisoft Singapore has become the biggest AAA game development studio in Southeast Asia. The 500-strong studio is home to 35+ different nationalities focused on delivering ambitious gaming experiences to our players. Ubisoft Singapore has been contributing to all the Assassin’s Creed® titles since Assassin’s Creed® II. It innovated within the franchise as the studio behind the naval battle gameplay and water technology in Assassin’s Creed® III, Assassin’s Creed® IV Black Flag® and most recently in Assassin’s Creed® Valhalla. Its expertise in AAA and live operations, combined with a passion for naval gameplay, pushed the team to lead the development of Skull and Bones™ revealed at E3 in 2017.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.