This job might no longer be available.
Senior VFX Artist
Redwood City, CA, United States
1 month ago
Crystal Dynamics, a part of the Square-Enix family and the studio behind the award-winning Tomb Raider game franchise, is constantly on the hunt to add even more top-tier gaming talent to our family. We pride ourselves on attracting and developing the best of the best to craft the most exciting projects in gaming. Our 25-plus years of development experience, as well as our studio members’ combined AAA game industry pedigree, has established us as one of the premier studios in the world today. Come and make us even better! Crystal Dynamics is headquartered in sunny Redwood City, CA, just south of San Francisco and north of San Jose.
Join the studio as our next Senior VFX Artist! Benefits for this full-time position include a competitive salary, 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance options and 20 days of paid time-off. You also receive free access to a well-appointed 50,000’ foot athletic club (complete with a rock climbing wall and pool!), an impressive on-site cafeteria with food options for every palate, and a gorgeous natural campus by San Francisco Bay.
Successful candidates must have worked on several AAA games of the highest quality and visual bar, with a skew towards realism. Candidates must have both a strong creative and technical background and be able to conceptualize, present, and execute ideas within a
deadline. They must also be able to partner with multiple disciplines to meet project specific needs and quickly deliver assets at quality using proprietary and industry standard toolsets.
- Collaborate with the visual effects lead to establish the visual look and quality bar for effects
- Work with Artists and Designers to create stunning environments and experiential moments
- Generate high quality textures, materials and meshes using industry standard tools
- Create real time particle effects via proprietary software
- Create game logic via proprietary visual scripting tools
- Work with production to accurately schedule and prioritize tasks
- Help develop and implement new visual effect workflows
- At least 6 years of visual effects development on console hardware
- Shipped at least 3 AAA Titles
- Strong understanding of physical dynamics and natural phenomena
- Working knowledge of limitations and expectations for next generation hardware
- Strong technical skills to help optimize and trouble shoot particle systems while maintaining quality
- Advanced understanding of the limitations of real time effects and how to get the best results
- Production experience using Maya or Houdinii
- Familiarity with scripting/programming languages (Python/C++)
- Knowledge of HLSL material creation
- Experience in fluid dynamic simulations and procedural destruction techniques