This job might no longer be available.
Senior VFX Artist - Unpublished Fighting Game
Los Altos, California, United States
7 months ago
As a Senior Real-Time VFX artist, you will work closely with designers and animators to define the kits of high-fidelity characters. With your experience, you’ll create aesthetically astounding visual effects that communicate essential game information in ways that add richness and excitement to the game experience. You’ll use your artistic and technical skills to breathe life into undead spells, channel primal emotions and capture the essence of hundreds of champions.
As a Senior VFX Artist on Project L, we need your help establishing a hand crafted VFX style that clearly communicates the action, impact, and tonal experience. You will report to the Art Director, and collaborate with the Lead Animator and the Character Lead to fully realize Runeterra’s most iconic champs . You'll also work collaboratively with engineers, designers, and producers, and together will deliver the world's next big fighting game.
- Craft 3D VFX in a 2D hand drawn style
- Balance visual satisfaction and gameplay clarity that communicate essential game information
- Create aesthetically astounding visual effects that capture the essence of characters
- Use your craft skills to draw, paint, animate and model with equal proficiency as-needed
- Find creative solutions to eliminate difficult problems in production and as-needed
- Provide as-needed support of all aspects of VFX process; from set-up through production and troubleshooting
- 5+ years professional experience in senior art roles
- Ability to generate stylized VFX in a hand drawn style
- 1 shipped mobile or AAA game title
- PhotoShop and Maya
- Unreal VFX tool set
- Adobe Animate, AfterEffects, Houdini, FumeFX
As a part of the application process, you will be asked to provide a portfolio or demo reel of their work and may be asked to complete an art test.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave , plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.