This job might no longer be available.
Senior VFX Artist - Treyarch (Los Angeles)
13 days ago
Job Title:Senior VFX Artist - Treyarch (Los Angeles)
Treyarch Studios is looking for a passionate Senior VFX Artist to help us create photo-realistic particle effects for a high-profile action-packed AAA title. This position requires strong artistic sensibilities and technical skills, where we're looking for someone passionate about making great games, who is an excellent problem-solver, and an effective communicator. If you think that describes you then we'd love to speak with you further!
What you’ll do…
- Create photo-real particle systems for game environments and scripted moments, as well as destructible assets, and coinciding particle systems.
- These may include real-time particle effects for the destruction of buildings, vehicles, natural environments, and everything in between using our proprietary toolset, as well as set dressing for levels with ambient atmospheric effects that produce beautiful photo-realistic game moments.
- Work closely with art directors/leads, lighting, design, sound, animation, and production to bring levels and features to life.
- Create textures and/or meshes to use in particle effects with various 2D and 3D applications.
- Create detailed documentation and/or presentations to share information with team members.
To succeed you should have…
- 5+ years of experience in AAA game development.
- Experience with simulation and VFX software like FumeFX, Houdini, Maya, Max, etc.
- Compositing knowledge (After Effects, Nuke, Fusion, Photoshop, etc.).
- Demo reel or website showing previous VFX work.
- Ability to work collaboratively between different departments as well as independently, and be able to drive initiatives through to completion.
- Eye for timing, weight, realism, color, volume, energy, and other particle aesthetics.
- Ability to create all required art assets needed for particle effects and level atmospherics.
- Experienced technical ability within VFX, and strong general skills in understanding multiple disciplines.
- Able to stay within budgets and understand platform limitations.
- Strong troubleshooting and interpersonal skills.
We’d love it if you also have…
- Modeling and animation experience a plus.
- Knowledge of Perforce or other version control software.
- Understanding of scripting and programming concepts.
- Ability to perform rigid body and soft body simulations/animations.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
Founded in 1996, Treyarch is a videogame studio whose purpose is to create awesome games for the world to enjoy. With this purpose in mind, we crafted the award winning Call of Duty: Black Ops series and pioneered the fan favorite Zombies mode.
At Treyarch, we empower the team to be individually driven to innovate on our games, processes, and culture. How we do things is just as important as what we do.
Studio culture and development, we believe it’s a team effort and that collaboration and hearing one another is key. Every day we face the large and small challenges together and every voice matters.
These values guide us in our mission to create moments that matter. Both to the players and to us, the creators. In an era where triumphs and defeats are readily shared, seeing players engage with our creations gives us great pride. Come help us create that next moment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.treyarch.com , on Facebook at www.facebook.com/treyarch , and @treyarch on Twitter.
PS, we’ve also got some pretty amazing office perks and benefits, like 20 vacation days and 16 holidays, 10 weeks of family leave, free lunches and snacks at our office, comprehensive healthcare, and more! Check out all the details here for more information: https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $80,800.00 - $149,400.00 Annual. These values reflect the expected base pay range of new hires across all U.S. locations. Ultimately, your specific range and offer will be based on several factors, including relevant experience, performance, and work location. Your Talent Professional can share this role’s range details for your local geography during the hiring process. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.