Senior VFX Artist (NEW IP) 
1 month ago
At Ubisoft, we aspire to be a workplace where EVERYONE is supported, empowered and invited to join the game. We believe that by prioritising equity and inclusivity, we fuel creative endeavours and craft gameplay experiences that reflect and respect our uniquely talented game-makers and outstanding players.
As Senior VFX Artist you are passionate about bringing excitement, atmosphere and explosivity to a game through the creation of stunning effects. Alongside your eye for detail, you enjoy mentoring, knowledge sharing and taking ownership of features and systems.
You enjoy collaborating with art, programming and design teams to understand key features and elements where the addition of visual effects will add life to the games our players know and love As a Senior VFX Artist, you will work closely with lesser experienced team members to offer guidance and support, as well as working closely with your lead and relevant teams to establish pipelines, processes and workflows.
To you, it’s the opportunity to work on something new and exciting, a project that piques your interest and pushes your boundaries. You’re the kind of person who understands the importance of collaboration and clear communication. You enjoy seeing your contribution to the bigger picture and relish the opportunity to learn from talented and respected peers.
As our next Senior VFX Artist, you will play an integral part in telling a new story, communicating the Creative Director’s vision through midblowing effects that add depth, tone and enjoyment to the player experience.
What you'll bring
At Ubisoft, we aim to be a destination of choice for the best talent. We want people like you, who will be instrumental in driving our studios to success.
- A portfolio/showreel detailing your experience with key realitime VFX elements such as weather, fire and particle effects..
- Demonstrable experience of mentoring and coaching junior team members, and conducting peer review sessions.
- Ability to collaborate with leads and other departments to establish pipelines, workflows and processes.
- Strong working knowledge VFX tools including Houdini and Maya, as well as an appreciation and understanding of the technical constraints within a game engine.
Joining Ubisoft you will contribute to a fun and friendly team that values openness and inclusivity as one of our key pillars. You will have the opportunity to learn, grow and develop your career whilst sharing our continued success as we expand our ever-growing catalogue of games.
With us, you’ll be part of a highly talented team aiming to create a whole new world for our players as we strive to successfully release the next big Ubisoft IP.
Your passion for learning and development will enable you to push boundaries and continue to grow and progress in your role, with limitless opportunities to reach your full potential.
To us, it’s more than just a job at Ubisoft. It’s a journey. It’s an experience. A way to bring players and communities together. A place to celebrate our differences. A place to grow.
What we'll provide
We put our people first through nurturing their creativity and well being and the reason we continue to create engaging and compelling AAA titles that are loved across the world. We also value the art of collaboration and a sense of belonging which is why we've embraced a hybrid working model that requires our team members to be on-site for an average of 2 days per week, fostering a vibrant and creative work environment that unites us in pursuing our shared goals.
- Everything you need to keep your life in balance - hybrid working, flexible core hours, 25 days of annual leave, Christmas shutdown, and a plan that will enable you to work from anywhere in the EU for up to four weeks per year
- Life insurance, income insurance, private healthcare, an annual well-being allowance, and more
- Generous resources committed to your perpetual personal and professional development
- Investment in our community - with paid volunteering days
- Fun and entertainment - with free games, activities, and celebrations
- Generous relocation support - should you need it
READY TO APPLY?
We aim to build the world’s most distinctive and diverse gaming studio; therefore, we strongly encourage you to apply. We’d love to hear about you and your background.
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections and Aaron Hooper, our Talent Acquisition Partner who is managing this vacancy:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.