Senior User Experience Designer
15 days ago
Team Name:IT - Corporate Applications
Job Title:Senior User Experience Designer
Our Corporate Applications arm brings innovation and transformative technologies at Blizzard Entertainment, to deliver on making epic experiences that engage and delight our users. We are an incubator for ideas and pragmatic in finding solutions to problems that make Blizzard globally more effective and efficient. We empower our team to lead company-wide initiatives, be a force for positive change, and directly impact all employees by supporting them in the quest to deliver epic games.
We are looking for a Senior UX designer with a passion for applying user-centered innovation, to the design of successful product experiences. As an advocate for users, you will work closely with the rest of the Product Design team, engineers, and program managers to conceptualize and solve problems for multiple platforms. Come join us and contribute to behind-the-scenes initiatives and the inner workings of Blizzard.
- Work with stakeholders and cross-functional team members to understand business needs
- Conduct user research and usability studies to uncover needs, insights, and identify experience issues
- Identify and track design success metrics and goals to push products and the team to success
- Use qualitative & quantitative insights to create impactful experiences
Delivery and Execution
- Collaborate with Engineers, Program Managers, Designers, and QA to deliver high-quality user experiences across our portfolio of products
- Craft UX artifacts to communicate solutions (wireframes, flow diagrams, storyboards, mockups, and/or low to high fidelity prototypes, etc.)
- Express our brand through user interface design
- Revise and enhance designs based on stakeholder and user feedback, technical input, and business decisions
- Contribute and participate in mentoring, knowledge sharing, and development of best practices for the team and fellow designers
- Advocate for and explain product vision and design decisions both inside and outside the design team
- Use creativity and problem solving to drive product initiatives and features
- 5+ years of professional user experience design experience
- A robust portfolio that demonstrates proficiency of the design process from end to end (e.g., research, wireframes, mockups) of launched products
- Experience defining and designing for multiple products at once with the ability to pivot quickly
- Experience leveraging user research, key performance indicators, and site analytics to help make informed decisions
- Experience collaborating with multidisciplinary teams of Designers, Engineers, Program Managers, and stakeholders/clients throughout the design process
- Proficiency of UX process and usability design principles
- Proficiency with design tools such as Figma and the Adobe Creative Suite
- Familiarity with current trends in user experience, user interface, and visual design
- Strong visual design skills
- Experience leveraging “Atomic” design principles
Submission / Portfolio Instructions
- Resume, and a portfolio with examples of your design work. Cover letter Optional
- Only online submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog, or online album)
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!