Senior User Experience Designer for Mobile Games (UI/UX)
1 month ago
We're looking to hire a Senior User Experience Designer at N3TWORK to craft a world-class mobile game experience with a fast-growing, high-energy team. Our teams are structured to enable everyone to be a major contributor. You will have a significant impact on the direction of the game you're helping design, build, and deliver to players.
In this role, you will work as part of an independent cross-functional team of artists, engineers, game designers, and other product leaders.You will draw on a deep set of communication skills to help keep the team aligned and inspired as you design and ship delightful experiences for players.
What will you be doing?
- Lead the UX Design effort for major product features from concept to shipping.
- Collaborate closely with leaders in other functions to ensure the problems we're solving are positively impacting the high-level product strategy from inception to launch.
- Act as a champion for players, always finding ways to balance business goals without sacrificing their needs, motivations, and values.
- Execute on all phases of the design process—strategy, research, concepts, design, implementation, and success metrics.
- Create wireframes, mockups, user flows, and prototypes to communicate design solutions
- Work with artists and engineers to evolve and establish look and feel for user interface, including some motion design.
- Develop and maintain specs, assets, documentation to support implementation and shared understanding across the team.
- Work in close collaboration with other members of the Product Design team to inform and improve studio-wide design processes and practices.
What do we value?
- Open-minded. Explore different points of view and different possibilities without being hindered by your own biases and preconceptions.
- Authentic. Be honest with yourself, your team, and your customers.
- Transparent. Fearlessly share your work and your thoughts at any stage of development.
- Meticulous. Find the details that matter most and lean into them.
- User-centered. Know your players. Talk to them. Cater to their needs and exceed expectations.
- Inspire your team to go beyond the status quo—know when to innovate and when to depend on tried-and-true conventions.
- Create momentum. Bring energy and make things happen. Fix problems, invent tools and processes. Push for better ideas.
What skills do you need?
Please include a portfolio link with at least one relevant case study.
- 5+ years designing mobile game experiences
- A strong growth mindset with ability to adapt quickly to change
- Communication style that is concise, articulate, and capable of inspiring a team
- Ability to work autonomously without a lot of specific direction
- Understanding of product strategy principles and practices
- Comfortable discussing technical logic with engineers
- Familiarity with standard UX tools (e.g. Figma, Sketch, Adobe Suite, Principle, etc.)
- Strong graphic design skills and solid understanding of typography
- Experience prototyping, testing, and iterating UX flows for mobile games or applications.
- Adaptable to a wide range of tools, techniques, and practices
- Familiarity with Unity UI system is a plus.
- Experience working on mid-core RPG games is a plus. Being a fan helps too.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Unlimited vacation and paid sick days
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k, flexible spending accounts, commuter benefits & more
- Catered lunches, snacks, and fully-stocked kitchens
- Happy hours and company events