Senior User Acquisition Manager
1 month ago
The Bungie user acquisition team is searching for a Senior User Acquisition manager to help lay the groundwork for our ‘free - to - play’ user acquisition (UA) initiative . As a seasoned UA professional, you excel in building and executing innovative acquisition campaign s . Tough challenges are opportunities to create a competitive advantage , a s you relentlessly experiment and challeng e assumptions to push media buying boundaries and possibilities .
Gone are the days of single platform acquisition and measurement. In this role, you will partner closely with the analytics and creative teams ; pioneering new way s to buy and track multiplatform (game consoles, PC) performance - ensuring the right audiences are met with a compelling value proposition. Your work will be critical to shaping Bungie’s ‘ free - to - play ’ acquisition strategy and platform for years to come .
With the uncertainty and rapidly changing circumstances surrounding COVID-19, most positions at Bungie are expected to onboard and work from home for a significant portion of 2021. In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in WA/CA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in CA or WA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA or WA will need to establish WA state residency within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
- Supports and executes user acquisition strategy alongside marketing vendors and internal teams
- Optimizes, and effectively manages ‘free-to-play' campaigns, defining new tactics in a growing field
- Manages relationships with top marketing channels, influencing partner roadmaps towards improved acquisition performance.
- Maintains a high level, up-to-date understanding of ad platform best practices
- Proactively uncovers opportunities for revenue growth, identifying and collaborating with relevant team members driving project to completion
- Defines key performance indicators for marketing campaigns and channels, partnering closely with Analytics and leadership teams
- Vigorously tests new sources of traffic, products, creative concepts, and targeting ideas under a measured framework
- Innovates user acquisition through campaign experimentation, building upon established practices in unconventional ways
- Performs detailed analysis evaluating marketing campaign performance
- Ensures that area and project leadership are aligned on acquisition strategy during global campaign launches
- Educates and mentors other people within the Media Buying organization
- Proven experience running performance oriented, UA campaigns - ideally with a ‘free-to-play product’
- Hands on campaign management experience with Facebook and Google ad platforms; Experience working with programmatic DSP also a plus (managed or self-serve)
- A track record of successfully managing a seven-figure monthly UA budget above target KPI
- Knowledge of tracking or attribution providers, and how to leverage these platforms to improve campaign performance and insights
- Creative problem-solving acumen with the analytical rigor to confirm or invalidate assumptions
- Ability to collaborate effectively with other teams
- Ability to work autonomously and handle ambiguity with quickly evolving goals
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, SQL proficiency is a plus
- Enthusiasm about video games!