Senior Unity Engineer
9 days ago
Pocket Gems seeks to build the greatest games and most compelling interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began with in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009 and it continues to inspire us today. Since then, we’ve grown to over 200 people in San Francisco, and with $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground in mobile entertainment.
Our products have been downloaded over 450 million times by players around the world. In recent years, we’ve launched Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game.
As our community of players continues to grow, we’re committed to building diverse and inclusive environments across our teams, and in our games.
As a Unity Specialist on the platform team, you will pioneer the development of the tech stack that will power our next generation of mobile games. You’ll join a group of experienced developers who will deliver technologies that will support Pocket Gems to continue being first-class in mobile game development.
What You’ll Help Us to Accomplish:
- Design and build robust, reusable architecture solutions
- Develop feature rich systems that interact with games and backend services
- Collaborate with teams to design and develop high quality complex and scalable systems
- Write clean, maintainable and performant cross platform code
What You Bring to the Team:
- 5+ years of engineering experience
- 3+ years of Unity experience
- Fluent in C#
- Exceptional competencies in data structures, algorithms, software design and OOP
- Passion for API design and developing clean and maintainable code
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Extra Gems For:
- Prior mobile development experience
- Prior entertainment or gaming industry experience
- Experience designing or contributing to reusable frameworks and platforms
Read more about what we’ve been up to!
- Pocket Gems Blog: https://medium.com/pocket-gems
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.