Senior Unity Engineer
20 days ago
PeopleFun is an award-winning creator of mobile games for players across the globe. We are part of AppLovin, a publicly traded company, with world-class projects, resources, and infrastructure. PeopleFun is a Dallas-based game studio founded and led by game industry veterans, where game developers thrive on collaboration, creativity, teamwork, and fun. Our games are played by over 25 million players each month, and we have a number of exciting mobile games in development to fuel the future growth of PeopleFun.
We believe in bringing People together through Fun by creating the best in class social features and communities in our games that enables our players to engage deeply with other players. Secondly we endeavor to bring our studio teammates together by creating the very best game teams that foster healthy collaboration, incredible productivity, and life-long professional relationships.
Candidates who reside or will reside in the following locations are eligible for this role: California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Oregon, Rhode Island, Texas, and Washington State.
PeopleFun is seeking an experienced Senior Unity Engineer to lead the development of one of our existing titles. This Engineer must possess strong Unity technical knowledge as they will be expected to suggest & implement new product features, develop a technical and product roadmap, and integrate/test new versions of 3rd party SDKs. We are seeking an innovative and driven individual who thrives in a collaborative, fast-paced environment.
- Design and implement core game features and systems that can scale to millions of users.
- Drive technology initiatives and establish best practices that align/support business goals and product roadmap(s), filling technical gaps as needed.
- Work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team of engineers, designers, artists, producers and QA
- Define team standards, technical direction, tools, and engineering best practices to increase team efficiency, velocity, and stability throughout each release.
- Shepherd features from initial design to deployment with the highest level of quality.
- Partner with the Product Owner to define a technical and feature roadmap for the project
- Mentor more junior team members in their short and long-term career goals, aiming to develop & grow each engineer to the ‘next level’.
- Face technical challenges directly, writing critical code, participating in code reviews, and firefighting critical issues as needed.
- Manage 3rd party tools & technology, consolidating the existing stack, evaluating new tools & informing “build vs. buy” decisions.
- 8+ years of professional experience
- Demonstrated experience leading mobile game development using Unity and C#
- Track record of delivering games on the Unity on iOS and Android
- Demonstrated expertise in several of the following specialties: UI, gameplay, physics, 2D/3D graphics/rendering, game logic, networking, optimization, analytics
- Demonstrated knowledge of software design practices including separation of concerns, event-driven architecture, object-oriented design, graphics and animation techniques, portability, maintainability, extensibility, and testability
- Deep understanding of the mobile ecosystem - testing, release process, live maintenance, library integration
- An embodiment of PeopleFun’s Values, including a ‘servant leadership’ model.
- Solid understanding of the latest software development tools in the mobile game business.
- Experience with server development is a plus
- Experience with native mobile development (Swift, Java, Objective-C) is a plus
PeopleFun provides a competitive total compensation package with a pay for performance rewards approach. The expected base pay range for this [CA based or North America based] position is $110,000-$160,000. Base compensation at PeopleFun is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Depending on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical and other benefits.
401K Match Policy
Flexible PTO Policy
Free Lunch each Friday
Generous Parental Leave & Family-Friendly Culture
Annual Credits for Professional Development & In-App Purchases
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
PeopleFun is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or other legally protected characteristics. Learn more about EEO rights as an applicant here