Senior Unity Developer (m/f/d)
6 days ago
About DECA Games
community is screaming to keep them alive. DECA specializes in acquiring games from other developers and reinvigorating them to continue to entertain for decades. When other studios see an old game, we see an amazing set of problems to solve and a huge opportunity.
DECA is a remote company with over 230 people in over 26 countries globally. DECA has been profitable since its inception in 2016. DECA is also a part of the Embracer Group, the largest public gaming company in Europe.
About our culture
We’ve managed to maintain a small company feel with the stability and resources of a much larger one. We fully believe in the flexibility of a remote workplace. Team members are trusted to manage their time and get things done independently. We believe that egos and politics need to be checked at the virtual door. That means no jerks are allowed, that no job is too small for anyone, and an openness to help and learn from each other is required. We love the challenge of working within constraints and love when we succeed as a team. Check out more about us and our values on our website (www.decagames.com).
This is a remote position. You can work from anywhere in the world in the CET timezone (9 am - 6 pm CET).
About the role
We are looking for a Senior Unity Developer to join our development team and work on one of our games “Almost a Hero”, an idle RPG played by millions of gamers.
Apart from this game, you will have visibility and involvement (if desired) in any other title within our studio, more than 20+ games.
- Contribute along with the development team to overview the code and make all necessary modifications.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code.
- Ensure the best performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications and games.
- Identify process and application bottlenecks and implement solutions in a timely manner.
- 5 years of experience with Unity on mobile platforms.
- Strong C# object-oriented programming and scripting language skills.
- Experience working with game assets (meshes, animations, materials, etc).
- Experience profiling and optimizing the game and render performance (GPU and CPU).
- Ability to profile and optimize performance on Android and iOS.
- Ability to work productively with a geographically distributed team.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken).
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Remote first company culture.
- Flexible work hours to support a personal work-life balance.
- Weekly remote Embodiment@Work breathing and workout exercises.
- Working in a multicultural environment with people from over 26 different countries.
- Flat hierarchies with an open-door policy.