Senior UX Designer - World of Warcraft | Irvine, CA
20 days ago
Team Name:World of Warcraft
Job Title:Senior UX Designer - World of Warcraft | Irvine, CA
A Senior UX Designer on the World of Warcraft team is responsible for building clean, functional and easily navigable interfaces for complex gameplay features. The ideal candidate should possess outstanding functional and aesthetic design. The candidate should also be familiar with the stylistic themes of World of Warcraft and exhibit the ability to develop new and compelling user interface features that match. At a senior level we would like to see candidates comfortable with championing features and a strong passion for accessibility.
This role is anticipated to be a hybrid work position, with some work on-site and some work-from-home. The potential home studio for this role is Irvine, CA.
What you will do…
- Work closely with the design and technology teams to conceptualize and prototype interface functionality and flow.
- Help game designers to visualize systems and bring new features into the game.
- Design conceptual wireframes, user flow diagrams, and prototypes to solidify design direction.
- Meet with stakeholders to seek regular feedback and initiate collaboration opportunities.
- Maintain familiarity with WoW’s design--both the live product and ongoing expansions.
- Prepare and maintain documentation, style guides, and asset resources for art, programming, and QA team to follow and use.
- Collaborate with engineers to identify and solve edge cases.
- Mentoring junior UX designers providing solid feedback during syncs and progress reviews.
- 5+ years’ experience working as UI/UX, designer, UI artist or interaction designer in computer or console gaming , web or mobile app field.
- Strong written and spoken communications skills.
- Strong understanding of UX process and usability design principals.
- Able to understand technical implementations and limitations.
- An understanding of World of Warcraft visual identity and sensibilities.
- Able to work well with a team in a dynamic, cross-discipline, and iterative setting.
- Positive attitude and the ability to receive and provide objective feedback.
- A passion for World of Warcraft, video games, and user interface design.
We’re also interested in hearing stories you may have about…
- Experience designing UI for MMORPGs.
- Experience and interest in creating UI art.
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
- Cover letter, while not required, should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
· Portfolio demonstrating relevant UX/UI experience required.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
At Blizzard Entertainment, we pour our hearts and souls into everything we create. Best known for iconic video game universes including Warcraft, Overwatch, Diablo, and StarCraft, we’ve been creating genre-defining games for millions of players around the world for more than 30 years. We’re on a quest: bring our dreams to life and craft the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Hard work, iteration and polish go into the Blizzard “secret recipe,” but the most important ingredients come from talented people who share our vision. If that sounds like you, join us.
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, among other characteristics.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $101,000.00 - $186,754.00 Annual. These values reflect the expected base pay range of new hires across all U.S. locations. Ultimately, your specific range and offer will be based on several factors, including relevant experience, performance, and work location. Your Talent Professional can share this role’s range details for your local geography during the hiring process. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.