Senior UX Designer - Unannounced game
8 days ago
Are you a passionate User Experience Designer looking for new and exciting challenges? Do you have an interest in making the complex seem simple? Do you have the drive and passion to push for new and innovative experiences for strategy gamers?
As a User Experience Designer at Paradox you will be helping us ease the learning curve of deep and complex strategy games on a grand scale. You will be a challenging force that will try to innovate and push new ideas, leading to better games that are more approachable while retaining their deep gameplay. Together with other designers you will develop UX Design Systems and methods for securing a better user experience for our players.
We are seeking new employees that enjoy working in a team where everyone supports each other but you are also given the freedom and responsibility to take charge of a task and deliver. It’s important that you enjoy working in a team where everyone supports each other, and that you are motivated by having the creative freedom and responsibility to take charge of a task and deliver. You care about quality and you’re motivated by the idea of our fans around the world interacting with your work. You thrive in a creative environment where people around you enjoy their work and the games we make.
We are open to applicants at the Senior level of game industry experience and we strive to create and maintain a diverse workplace, therefore we encourage everyone to apply!
- Create Design systems that guide UX and UI for our projects
- Drive innovation and shape the vision of UX at the studio while providing new perspectives to User Experience in User Interface design
- Create mockups, wireframes, and prototypes of new interfaces, and evaluate and improve existing ones
- Coordinate with designers, programmers, and artists and make changes to both UI and gameplay mechanics if necessary
- Share input and ideas around sound effects for interfaces to the Audio Director
- Effectively document and present your designs to the rest of the team
- Offer guidance and feedback to junior UX Designers
- Professional 5+ years experience as a UX Designer, UI Designer, or equivalent
- Professional 4+ years experience working in the game industry
- Fluency in English both written and spoken
- Passion for strategy games, either from Paradox Development Studio's or other developers
- Experienced with Figma, and / or other UX Design Tools
- Experience with HTML5, XAML and other GUI coding languages is a plus
- Gamepad - Oriented Design and Console Development experience is a plus
- Experience developing strategy games is a plus
Scope: Full time and permanent
Reports to: Design Manager
Some of our benefits include:
If you think that this description matches you, we highly encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will interview candidates continuously. If you don't match all the requirements, please demonstrate how your passion, attitude and interest in Paradox might compensate for this.
At Paradox Interactive we celebrate difference and care deeply about diversity and inclusion. We therefore encourage you, no matter who you are, to apply for this job if you think you’d be a great addition to our team.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.