Senior UX Content Designer - Developer Impact
13 days ago
As User Experience Designers at Riot working on developer scenarios, we empower Riot developers to create the best possible player experiences by refining existing tools and creating innovative new ways of working. We collaborate with interdisciplinary teams and use a variety of design techniques to enable new levels of technical innovation.
Are you passionate about the role of content in ensuring a quality user experience? Our new Developer Impact UX team on Player Platform is seeking a visionary Senior UX Content Designer (aka UX Writer) to lead our content strategy and execution for Riot developers and external developer partners. In your role, you’ll be shaping the information architecture for the next generation of our technical support and documentation offerings in tandem with our technical writing team. You’ll also partner closely with our developer UX Designers to ensure the content in our interactive surfaces is as clear and helpful as possible.
You will report to the Director, User Experience Design for Player Platform.
- Developing a comprehensive information architecture vision for our developer documentation
- Synthesizing Riot’s existing body of developer knowledge and insights from Design, Research, and customer support to inform design decisions
- Partnering with our Player Platform technical writing team on future content and documentation release planning, style, and tone
- Providing content guidance and support to UX designers focused on interaction design, including terminology, microcopy, and style guides
- Delivering appropriate level of design artifacts for the team (e.g. strategy, information architecture, site maps, terminology documents, tone and style guides, microcopy).
- Communicating data-informed vision and design rationale to the team and stakeholders.
- 5+ years experience designing digital experiences, products, and platforms as a Content Designer, Content Strategist, UX Writer, or User Experience Designer with a focus on written content
- Experience writing microcopy, UX content, and/or defining information architecture - preferably for B2B user experiences (for example: software development, banking, cloud platforms, customer relationship management, logistics, or video game live operations.)
- A professional portfolio with examples of your past UX writing and/or information architecture work.
- Experience with Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, or other equivalent industry design and prototyping tools
- Familiarity with or experience working on developer-facing products
We will review your work as a part of the application process, so please provide a portfolio link or work samples with your application.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.