Senior UI/UX Programmer, Accessibility
18 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
The UI/UX team at Insomniac Games is growing! We’re looking for a dedicated accessibility programmer interested in helping our UI/UX and Gameplay teams to make industry-inspiring experiences that are approachable, accessible, and immersive for everyone. If you are someone with a track record of working collaboratively to develop innovative solutions and want to play a major role in developing world-class experiences for players of all abilities, please read on!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Collaborates with artists, designers, and developers to implement and deploy consistent and intuitive user experiences that support the art, design, and technical vision for games
- Owns and iterates on impactful user-facing features and systems through all phases of the game development cycle from prototype to polish for a single game
- Plans and deploys improvements to the development process creating efficiencies beyond the team, while modeling what exemplary UI/UX looks like
- Advances the capabilities of existing UI/UX tools and current industry trends
- Proactively drives what and how work needs to be created and implemented
- Contributes to the documentation of team institutional knowledge
- Communicates nuanced concepts and ideas effectively by embracing a shared language in order to solidify partnerships across functions and teams
- Proactively encourages and enables mentorship and growth opportunities for the team
- Promotes the importance of well-being and inclusivity within the organization, acting as a vocal proponent for the needs of the team
- Advocates relentlessly for our players and the end-to-end user experience
- Other duties may be assigned
Education and/or Experience:
- Eight plus years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Extensive knowledge of C++, Java S cript, HTML , CSS and /or other related front-end development tools
- Ability to adhere to the prevalent coding style and practices, including source control standards
- Thorough u nderstanding of procedural and object-oriented programming paradigms
- Familiarity with commercial content creation packages ( Adobe suite, specifically Flash/Animate , or Maya ) a plus
- Ability to use common workplace collabor a tive software like Microsoft Office products.
- Solid instincts for game design and innovative user experiences.
- Passion for game accessibility and player advocacy.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in and contribute to a collaborative environment.
- Ability to present ideas and research in a way that makes it actionable and easily understandable for all audiences.
- Flexibility in the face of schedule changes and shifting timetables.
Insomniac Games prides itself on developing experiences that leave positive and lasting influences on players’ lives — a mission we achieve by fostering diversity and inclusivity at our studios. We are a team focused on creating thrilling games and elevating our creative talent. Insomniac provides our teams an environment where they are at the heart of the experiences we make. As part of PlayStation, Insomniac Games is recognized globally for hit games such as Marvel’s Spider-Man, Ratchet & Clank, Spyro the Dragon, and Resistance.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.