Senior UI Technical Artist
15 days ago
Duration: Full Time
Location: Liverpool or Remote
We’re looking for an experienced UI Technical Artist to leverage their expertise in the latest UI pipelines and techniques on LAST SENTINEL.
The successful candidate will work with the art and programming teams to develop and maintain asset pipelines by:
- Be the connection between art, design and programming to bringing high quality game UI mockups to life.
- Stay up to date on trends and methodologies in current and future graphics software and hardware to develop early planning of tools and processes.
- Helping to develop tools to improve workflow efficiencies for UI Artists.
- Mentoring junior team members within both the technical and UI art disciplines.
- Work with our UX/UI Designers and Programmers to implement frontend, in-game screens and animations to final quality.
- Debug and assist fixing UI issues within the game.
- Ensure UI asset production is efficient and well maintained at each step through the pipeline.
- Communicate memory and performance budgets and work with the UI team to ensure they are followed.
- Experience of using 3rd party engines such as Unreal Engine.
- Extensive knowledge of 3D and 2D UI pipelines within games.
- Proficiency in 3D art tools such as Blender and 2D Art tools such as Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python, Mel, Max Script.
- A good understanding of shaders.
- Experience with implementing layout designs into functional interfaces in a game engine.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Experience on AAA console games.
- Knowledge of Houdini.
- Knowledge of languages such as C#, C++ and HLSL.
The interview process for the Senior UI Technical Artist role is made up of 2 stages:
- First interview (45 – 60 minutes) – An interview to discuss your experience and working history relating to the position with members of our UI Director and Technical Art Director. In return, we will provide a full overview of the role, life at the studio as well as answer any questions you may have.
- Final interview (30 minutes) – A final Interview with our Studio Head and Studio Production Director. This will be a chance for you to get to know the Senior Management team and all the things that make Lucid, Lucid! You will have a lot of opportunities to ask any questions about the studio and Culture.
Our recruitment process typically takes 2-4 weeks depending on availability. We work our process around your availability and try to be as accommodating as possible. A member of our recruitment team will be in touch prior to your first interview and will keep in contact throughout the process. If you have any specific questions prior to this please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Lucid Games is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We can provide suitable adjustments during our recruitment processes. Should you require adjustments/flexible arrangements to interview, or take up a role at Lucid, please let us know in the notes/cover letter section of your application. This will not affect your application.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.