This job might no longer be available.
Senior UI Programmer
7 months ago
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the UI Programming team within a collaborative multidiscipline environment, defining and tracking the schedule for his team, managing and mentoring individuals within the engineering team, and being an evangelist for the project.
- Balance staying on top of the code base/tech, actively writing code and engineering game systems/tools with the management requirements and responsibilities of a discipline lead;
- Establish clear coding best practices and lead regular code reviews;
- Coordinate, mentor and build a cohesive programming team;
- Ensure the creation of strong technical documentation and assist in the creation of submission materials as required by console manufacturer
- Develops UI functionalities, including HUD, Menu Pages and the logic within the game engine.
- Develop Flash/Action Script for real-time interactive interfaces.
- Organize data sharing/transfer between UI system and game engine.
- Work closely with artists and game designers to ensure UI is done within the desired quality.
- ·Complete UI functions based on the plan, requirements and schedule approved by management.
- Interest and experience in most aspects of game technology development (audio, 3D, animation, gameplay, UI, network and tools);
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience;
- Extensive knowledge of C/C++ programming and debugging;
- Strong understanding of multithreaded/parallel programming;
- Candidate should be self motivated, with strong work ethic and excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to collaborate and work well other disciplines;
- Experience using one or more commercial game engines;
- Knowledgeable in refactoring and optimization when they are appropriate
We realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games. Apart from a competitive compensation package and a culture that thrives on creativity and individuality, Ubisoft Singapore offers a wide variety of perks including performance based incentives, comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, flexible working hours, and opportunities for career development and learning.
Are you excited about creating the unknown? Are you serious about fun? Do you constantly seek out learning opportunities? At Ubisoft Singapore, we are looking for talent who are solution-oriented problem solvers, creative yet open to collaborate, and team players who also thrive in bringing their A-game to work.
If this sounds like you, shoot us your resume and we will invite you for a first chat to find out more about becoming an awesome addition to our team!
Ubisoft Singapore is one of the top game development studios in the APAC region. Part of Ubisoft’s global network of studios, we’ve been creating memorable gaming experiences in Singapore since 2008. With over 300 employees from 30+ different nationalities, we are a diverse bunch of creatives redefining the world of digital entertainment for millions of players across the globe.