Senior UI Engineer
28 days ago
Crystal Dynamics is constantly seeking the best gaming talent worldwide to add to our 30-plus year legacy of game development creating new and iconic franchises. We are committed to making great games with great people and living the dream while doing it.
Benefits for our regular full-time positions include, but are not limited to, a competitive regional salary, 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance options, professional development reimbursement, flexible hybrid on-site/off-site work opportunities, 12 company paid holidays, plus additional paid days in December when the studio is closed for holiday break, and the ability to accrue additional paid time-off.
Join us and shape the future of an amazing studio culture committed to creating award-winning franchises like Tomb Raider, the next Perfect Dark , and more!
The Sr UI Engineer at Crystal Dynamics plays a crucial role in our centralized internal team, focusing on the design, development, and implementation of user interface systems for our action-adventure games. This position requires a unique blend of creativity and technical proficiency, a thorough understanding of UI/UX principles, and the ability to work seamlessly with cross-functional teams.
As a Senior UI Engineer, you will:
- Collaborate with designers and artists to develop and integrate engaging and intuitive UI components and systems for our games.
- Write clean, maintainable code for various UI elements in our games, ensuring long-term efficiency and scalability.
- Create comprehensive documentation detailing the functionality and usage of the UI systems you develop.
- Apply your in-depth knowledge of UI/UX principles to enhance player experience and engagement.
- Debug and optimize UI components for peak performance across various platforms, including PC and consoles.
- Actively participate in code reviews, offering and receiving constructive feedback to and from your peers.
- Stay abreast of the latest UI trends and techniques in the gaming industry, continuously integrating relevant innovations into our projects.
To be considered for this role, we require the following:
- Proven experience as a Senior UI engineer (or equivalent) in the gaming industry, having contributed significantly to a development cycle of a high-quality title.
- Proficiency in C++ within Unreal Engine, with a focus on implementing game layouts.
- Strong understanding and effective application of UI/UX and MVVM principles in game development, encompassing both front-end and back-end UI development.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills for troubleshooting and resolving technical challenges during development.
- Excellent communication skills, essential for efficient collaboration within a team and across multiple departments.
- A humble approach to receiving feedback and criticism, aimed at continual professional growth and development.
- A growth-oriented mindset, demonstrating an eagerness to learn and adapt to new technologies and methodologies in game development.
Preference will be given to candidates who have:
- Experience in console game development.
- Proficiency with UI middleware tools.
- Familiarity with XAML.
It'll be a bonus if you also have:
- Experience with agile development methodologies.
- Proficiency in UI design software, such as Adobe XD, Sketch, or Figma.
The pay range for this role includes the annual base salary, not including bonus and the generous benefits package that Crystal Dynamics provides all full-time employees. Individual compensation is determined by work location within our approved states or regions, as well as additional factors, including job related skills, experience, and relevant education.
Your recruiter will be able to share more information about total compensation.
Pay Range (United States)
$135,000 — $180,000 USD
Pay Range (Canada)
$125,000 — $160,000 CAD
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Not sure if you are qualified? We hope that you will still choose to apply so we may review your application!
Crystal Dynamics is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to identifying and implementing positive and persistent measures to ensure equal opportunity in the recruitment, hiring, development, training, promotion and compensation of a diverse team employee group. This includes persons of different race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity or gender expression, pregnancy, breastfeeding or medical conditions related to breastfeeding, genetic characteristic, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, medical condition, political affiliation, age, veteran status, uniform service member status, marital status, physical or mental disability, or citizenship, as well as any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
By submitting an application, you acknowledge that you have read and understand Crystal Dynamics’s Privacy Notice available at https://www.crystald.com/legal/privacy/.