Senior UI Engineer - Unreal Engine 4
2 months ago
People make games great. And at Survios, we know we can’t grow from an acclaimed VR studio to the world’s premier game developer and publisher without them. That’s why our most valuable investments aren’t in the next-generation technology we use to make our games or the swanky new HQ we’re building in Marina Del Rey, but in creating a hybrid workplace that seeks out talent across the globe, nurtures its people, and encourages fun. A workplace where every team member knows they’re respected and cared for. If you want to join a passionate team of developers driving toward the future of immersive gaming, we’d love to hear from you! Survios currently has an opening for a talented Senior UI Engineer working with Unreal Engine 4.
Candidates must have a passion for designing systems and implementing UIs that fulfill the vision of the artists and designers. Applicants should be enthusiastic about the opportunity to collaborate with other developers across disciplines, seek out opportunities to dive in, solve problems, and make improvements wherever necessary.
The ideal candidate has considerable experience contributing to a large cutting-edge code base and extensive experience creating UI. The role requires prior experience developing UI for UE4.
- Partner with designers, artists, and other engineers to create compelling and exciting user interfaces.
- Contribute to the design of UI features both aesthetically and systemically.
- Build and maintain plugins and tools to act as the foundation for UI development.
- Maintain documentation and disseminate knowledge on best practices and pipelines to developers across disciplines.
- Mentor other engineers on the UI team.
- Extensive game user interface design and implementation experience.
- A minimum of 5 years’ professional game programming experience or equivalent.
- Advanced C++ programming skills.
- Deep understanding of common user interface concepts like layout, text, event-driven programming, and control widgets.
- Understanding of best practices for ensuring that the UI has a minimal performance and memory footprint, as well as experience using profiling tools.
- Experience working with localization/internationalization systems and dealing with related issues.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Self-motivated and passionate about making video games.
- Commitment to personal and peer development and sharing best practices.
- Experience with the technical challenges unique to active Virtual Reality game development
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Math, or related field.
- Comfortable creating shaders to achieve desired look and behavior of UI or other game visuals.
- Experience with gamepad and keyboard/mouse UX considerations.
- Familiarity with established UI authoring tools.
- Experience developing for PS4 and Xbox One.
Survios is an award-winning game studio that takes a holistic approach to development, merging our hardware, software, and games expertise to create unbelievable immersive game experiences. As we expand our focus from VR-Only to create games across all PC and Console platforms, we’re dedicated to leveraging our passion, expertise, and creativity to develop and publish the next generation of groundbreaking and immersive video games.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.