Senior Tools Programmer
20 days ago
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Epic Games is looking for Senior Tools Programmer(s) who are passionate about developing a world-class, AAA game engine and development tools at our Manhattan studio. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and be able to design and implement new engine features and pipeline tools with little to no direction. You should have an endless list of ideas for improving the game development pipeline and adding exciting new features to the engine. You will make a direct impact on the productivity of others by developing user-facing tools for one of the leading game engines in the world.
- Design and implement tools and engine features for Unreal Engine 5.
- Design and implement user interfaces for the Editor.
- Fix bugs and maintain the Unreal Engine code base.
- Analyze and fix common problems in a game engine such as load times, memory usage, and performance problems.
- Support external customers by answering their requests and questions.
- Identify core UI functionality across the product and architect systems to transition legacy code to shared systems.
- Develop engine functionality to support consistent and extensible user interfaces across a range of tools.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, or closely related degree from an accredited university in the U.S., or its foreign equivalent.
Five years of post-degree progressive experience creating software tools used in games, virtual production for movies, virtual reality, or other interactive media and all of the following:
- Advanced skills in developing and debugging with C++.
- Programming experience with at least one 3D graphics API, D3D12, Vulkan, etc.
- Experience with Unreal Engine (or similar), and an understanding of game engine/ editor software architecture.
- Writing UIs with a toolkit such as WPF, QT, Slate (Unreal Engine UI system) or similar.
- Developing in a large codebase, designing and implementing a tool from the ground up.
- Real-time production pipelines and popular DCC tools.
- Software development for real-time content and deployments in Virtual Production, or related fields such as:
- Broadcast, live events.
- Interactive installations, digital signage.
- Augmented or virtual reality.
- C++, C#, and shading languages.
- Working with cameras and motion tracking hardware.
- Working with development for large display walls/multi-projector systems (nDisplay or similar).
To qualify applicants must demonstrate foundational knowledge of real-time simulation, 3D math, data structures and algorithms. Interviewed applicants will be asked to demonstrate thisknowledge through technical discussion and by completing a coding exercise.
Successfully pass pre-employment (post offer) background check.
Multiple openings for this position.
Pay Transparency Information
The expected annual base pay range(s) for this position are detailed below. Each base pay range is relevant only for individuals who are residents of or will be expected to work within the specified locale. Compensation varies based on a variety of factors, which include (but aren’t limited to) things such as skills and competencies, qualifications, knowledge, and experience. In addition to base pay, most employees are eligible to participate in Epic’s generous benefit plans and discretionary incentive programs (subject to the terms of those plans or programs).
New York City Base Pay Range
$157,477 — $195,300 USD
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.