Senior Tools Programmer [Unannounced Project] (f/m/d)
6 months ago
The Tools Programmer will develop, enhance and optimize existing and new tools.
- Manage, develop, and drive the tools and pipelines to be delivered
- Improve the existing processes and standards in tools programming
1) Tools development
- Responsible for the development, maintenance, documentation and overall quality (including implementation, performance, stability and usability) of tools and modules
- Identify development needs within the company and implement effective & innovative solutions
2) Tools processes and standards
- To abide by and contribute to the development of standards, procedures and processes
- To contribute, maintain and use shared code, tools components or processes where applicable
- Autonomous and self-responsible approach to work
- General knowledge of databases (SQL, NoSQL)
- 8+ years experiences in the video game industry or experience in related high-tech industries
- Expert in debugging and developing high performing application in C++ / C# (WPF, Winforms)
- Experience in working with large scale teams, preferably in an international Co-Development environment
- Ability to innovate and bring change to large codebase
- Ability to mentor and review other programmers
- Strong knowledge of Python scripting
- Knowledge of different testing framework (DTest, Catch2, …)
What we want to offer you:
We want to build a studio in which everyone feels inspired, empowered and connected. We believe developers do their best work when they feel empowered. We thus aim to give you a lot of autonomy. In return, we expect you to be self-responsible and stay on top of your game by continuously developing your skills. Furthermore, we know it is important for a developer to feel comfortable. With that in mind, we aim to provide a variety of everyday benefits which we hope will help you feel great including:
- Flexible working hours
- External training, education in our in-house guilds and knowledge sharing with other project teams
- Fresh fruit, discounted gym membership, support for child care, company pension scheme
- Share ideas! = Working in an innovative and international company
If you are passionate about video games and would like to work with like-minded professionals with an international team, please apply via our career portal. Applications should include your resume, a cover letter with the earliest starting date, your salary expectation and why you would like to joins us.
For further information please check www.bluebyte.de and www.ubisoft.com.
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, state of the art video game titles to players. In our German offices in Düsseldorf, Mainz and Berlin, we are working on brands like “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, “For Honor", "Skull & Bones", “The Settlers”, “Anno”, “Far Cry” and many more.
The newly established Ubisoft Berlin studio is set to continue contributing to this impressive line-up and will be working on AAA Co-Development projects together with international Ubisoft teams.
We Are Ubisoft Berlin
At Ubisoft Berlin, we are steadily growing. We are collaborating on the award-winning “Far Cry” series together with international Ubisoft teams, an unannounced project and we are paving the way for even more!
As a newly established Ubisoft studio, we have an ambitious but humble approach to the contribution we want to bring to AAA game development in Germany. We are committed to excellence; we want to dedicate ourselves to delivering inspiring and meaningful game experiences that will empower our players and make them feel part of the worlds, we create.
We encourage an autonomous and entrepreneurial mindset tailored to our highly motivated talents to create experiences that leave a mark in the games industry as a whole.
Come and join us in one of the most creative and dynamic cities in the world!