This job might no longer be available.
Senior Tools Programmer [New IP] (458)
22 days ago
Tools Programmers develop, maintain and support key tools to enhance the productivity of their game project. They should look to share their work and reuse other tools from projects across Ubisoft. They work in an agile, proactive and autonomous manner to identify needs and opportunities which deliver value to our pipeline productivity.
- Work as a key part of an agile development team, and assist the lead with planning and review of features and mentoring less experienced programmers;
- To innovate and improve the quality of implementation, performance and usability of the tools and project pipeline as a whole;
- To proactively identify opportunities for bringing value through productivity enhancements to our game productions;
- To provide consultation and support to other team members or other teams as required;
- Participate in the definition of coding practices and ensure coding standards are followed with regular code reviews;
- To maintain good lines of communication with users and to proactively seek feedback from them;
- Demonstrate an understanding of load and feature testing, write test code, and develop test frameworks and processes;
- Stay up-to-date with state-of-the-art technology and promote its use within the studio;
- Integrate large-scale modules or components while minimising the impact on the rest of the programming team;
- Contribute to and on occasion lead cross-studio collaboration communications in conjunction with the Lead Programmer;
- Establish and maintain contact with their counterparts within the studio, share knowledge and best practices, and put those learnings to use on their projects;
- Support the Lead Programmer in any ad-hoc duties and requests.
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent programming skills in at least one language (C#, C++, Python etc.);
- Excellent understanding of tools development in games;
- Excellent understanding of UWP, WPF or other graphics subsystem commonly used in tools;
- Very good working knowledge of at least one game engine, middleware and associated pipelines;
- Extensive knowledge of common algorithms, data structures and patterns, and their application;
- Proven ability to analyse unfamiliar code of a reasonable complexity to understand, extend, refactor and optimise an existing module;
- Proven ability to debug defects of a reasonable complexity, including memory related issues, multi-threading, and assembly level debugging;
- In-depth knowledge of different software development methods such as Test Driven Development, Unit Testing, Agile etc.;
- Very good working knowledge of various data formats e.g. (JSON, XML, YAML);
- Experience working with commonly used development tools such as Visual Studio and source control;
- Experience with profiling tools such as PIX, Razor, etc. is desirable;
- Extensive skills and knowledge in computer science or computer engineering or equivalent gained through practical work experience and/or academic studies;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to mentor others.
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Leamington: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-leamington/
Ubisoft offers the same job opportunities to all, without any distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability or age. Ubisoft ensures the development of an inclusive work environment which mirrors the diversity of our gamers community.
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.