Senior Tools Programmer - Clausewitz Engine
10 days ago
Paradox Development Studio is looking to hire a Senior Tools Programmer for our Clausewitz Engine, with a focus on helping our teams build better games more efficiently while working in a small team and a collaborative environment. If you are a passionate developer looking to work alongside skillful and passionate colleagues, read on and learn how you can be part of the Grand Strategy Games Tech Team.
About the Role
As a Grand Strategy Games (GSG) Tech Tools Programmer, you will work on new and user-friendly systems that will empower all our game teams and enable them to develop bigger and better experiences in our grand strategy games. You will get to work on a variety of tools that improve the workflows of all disciplines in our game teams, and the players that mod our games.
As a Senior Tools Programmer you will…
- Brainstorm, design, implement and support user-friendly tools to be used by all disciplines in our game teams and engine team.
- Work together with developers to improve their experiences with our tools and ensure their needs are met.
- Work closely with Engine programmers to develop new features in the Clausewitz Engine as required to meet the needs of tools development.
- Interact closely with our game teams to identify workflow issues and discover opportunities for improvement.
- Continue to level up by sharing knowledge through mentoring, internal workshops, and giving / receiving guidance and feedback with other programmers.
- Drive the process to iterate and refine so that our team can work with maximum efficiency - and also create a fun and compassionate environment while doing so.
- Excellent understanding of modern C++
- Passion for developing user-friendly tools and applications
- Good profiling, debugging, and optimization skills
- Good interpersonal skills for working closely with developers to identify and prioritize their needs
- Comfortable communicating in English, both written and spoken
Would be really sweet if you also have...
- Experience with game development
- Experience in 3D modeling applications and formats
- Experience developing user interfaces and applying UX principles
- Experience with Python
- Experience using source control, such as Git
- Experience with Jenkins build pipelines
- An interest in strategy games, and in particular the grand strategy games from Paradox, will be considered a big plus
Paradox Development Studio
At Paradox Development Studio we enjoy working close to our products and our fans and our developers regularly interact with players through forums and events, such as PDXCon . We think it’s important to get to know our colleagues so we end each Friday with a social hour at 4 pm where we embrace our nerdy culture by chatting over a beer or breaking out into meeting rooms with board games and old video games consoles. Paradox consists of employees from all around the globe and we’re happy to offer relocation support for people applying from outside of Sweden.
To find out more about Working at Paradox, please click here .
Some of our benefits include:
If you think that this description matches you, we highly encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will interview candidates continuously. If you don't match all the requirements, please demonstrate how your passion, attitude and interest in Paradox might compensate for this.
At Paradox Interactive we celebrate difference and care deeply about diversity and inclusion. We therefore encourage you, no matter who you are, to apply for this job if you think you’d be a great addition to our team.