Senior Test Automation Developer - Contractor
Plantation, FL, United States
11 days ago
You will be part of the team that is building the test automation framework for what we call the Mixed Reality- a beautifully realistic 3D environment visible in the real world. In this role, you will help develop building blocks of automation infrastructure and tests. The goal is to develop an automation system and develop automated scripts to test the software quality in a very efficient manner and empower a wide community of software engineering teams to build a quality product.
- Understand the complex architecture of Magic Leap Mixed Reality devices and help enhance the test/automation tools to perform thorough functional, performance, and stress testing.
- Help the design and implementation of test automation framework for the overall software stack.
- Provide technical guidance and assistance to the junior team members with implementation and/or migration to appropriate systems and tools aligning to the overall test automation strategy
- Analyze product source code and work with development teams to propose appropriate test automation strategies
- Provide technical and architectural guidance towards the automation solution that supports Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, and Agile practices.
- Take a technical leadership role in small projects ensuring that new and existing systems are aligned to architectural guidelines.
- Take a proactive approach to Investigate and recommend systems/tools to support continuous integration and test automation objectives and processes.
- Independently drive small projects from the architecture phase to the deployment stage with minimum supervision.
- 8+ years of development experience with C#, C/C++, and/or Python and embedded systems
- Excellent development skills with Unix/Linux systems, shell scripting, and a scripting language such as Python
- Excellent understanding of HW/SW architecture and the interoperability of complex embedded systems.
- Experience with some of the various areas of embedded systems, such as, Board level testing (e.g SoC, Memory, Power, Performance), Display, acoustic, sensors and camera.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of data analysis and statistics
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and agile environment and manage multiple priorities on a daily basis to produce the desired outcome
- Familiarity with web reporting portals, SQL, Reporting, Carting is a plus
- Familiarity with Augmented Reality/Virtual Reality/Mixed Reality concepts is a huge plus
- Familiarity with Robotics is a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including effective presentation with a dynamic and “can do” attitude
- BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering is preferred
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.