This job might no longer be available.
Senior Test Analyst II, Overwatch
25 days ago
Team Name:Quality Assurance
Job Title:Senior Test Analyst II, Overwatch
The concept of “Blizzard polish,” that is, the infinite care and loving detail put into every aspect of our games, is something we take seriously and pride ourselves on delivering to our players. It’s a responsibility shared across the company – and its undisputed heart and soul is Blizzard Entertainment Quality Assurance (QA).
Blizzard QA is a close-knit team; we care about problem solving, providing opportunities for professional growth, and succeeding together. We genuinely love what we do for a living and expect the same from everyone who joins us. If your career is ready for its next great challenge, get in touch and let’s get to work!
This role is anticipated to be a hybrid work position, with some work on-site and some work-from-home. The potential home studio for this role is Irvine, CA.
- Drive test development, estimation, planning, execution, reporting, and closure
- Analyze & monitor the software development processes and methods used to ensure quality
- Ensure requirements and risks are continually either mitigated or accepted throughout the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Enhance live operations and deployment stability, across both internal and production environments
- Research, recommend and adopt tools as needed with the goal of increasing test coverage through automation
- Propose and influence new measures and Key Performance Indicators to validate and report on software quality
- Coach others as they develop appropriate knowledge and skills through training, constructive feedback, and mentorship
- Approach software development from a Grey-box perspective; using established developer toolsets to build custom test scenarios
- Represent Blizzard through public-facing quality assurance activities
- Responsible for adhering to department SLAs within project management (i.e. JIRA) and test related tools (i.e. TestRail)
- Advocate of the user experience through delivery of qualitative reporting
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field (or 3 years of equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 6 years’ experience in software testing
- Experience in writing, executing and monitoring test suites using a variety of technologies including, but not limited to, Cucumber, Concordion, Selenium, Fit/FitNesse, SoapUI, Unity, Unreal, as well as other proprietary game development toolsets
- Be an expert in one or more software testing methodologies
- Practical knowledge of relational databases such as Oracle, MySQL, & SQLServer
- Shown ability to analyze, interpret, and action on data sets and complex workflows
- Experience with game engines, content and asset editors, and shared technologies
- Knowledge of first party submissions and certifications requirements
- Experience with white/gray/black box and automation test methods
- ISTQB Certified Tester Expert Level (CTEL) or equivalent
- Passion for Blizzard’s line of products and services
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
At Blizzard Entertainment, we pour our hearts and souls into everything we create. Best known for iconic video game universes including Warcraft, Overwatch, Diablo, and StarCraft, we’ve been creating genre-defining games for millions of players around the world for more than 30 years. We’re on a quest: bring our dreams to life and craft the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Hard work, iteration and polish go into the Blizzard “secret recipe,” but the most important ingredients come from talented people who share our vision. If that sounds like you, join us.
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, among other characteristics.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $23.85 - $44.12 Hourly. These values reflect the expected base pay range of new hires across all U.S. locations. Ultimately, your specific range and offer will be based on several factors, including relevant experience, performance, and work location. Your Talent Professional can share this role’s range details for your local geography during the hiring process. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.