Senior Technical Writer
1 month ago
Job Posting TitleSenior Technical Writer
SummaryThe Technical Writing team manages Aristocrat’s technical product content. We are a team of highly talented Technical Writers who work collaboratively with developers, quality engineers, product managers, and field technicians for documenting the organization’s products.
We are looking for a Technical Writer to develop high-quality documentation that contributes to the overall success of our products. The Technical Writer creates documents for both, highly technical and non-technical users. We deliver varied form of documents, such as User Guides, Help File, Installation Instructions, Release Notes, Technical Notes, Support Notes, Known Issues, and so on.
The Technical Writer’s role is to develop written information and documentation about the organization’s products, tool sets, templates, publication standards, etc. Outputs include a range of informative, procedural, and technical documents to be used by internal/external technical and non-technical personnel, such as casino operators, players, technicians, Aristocrat employees and for product certification. Additionally, the Technical Writer contributes to the global technical writing team to assist with company-wide initiatives and defining standards for technical communications.
What You'll Do
- Plan, design, research, write, and edit a range of documents, including user, configuration, architecture, installation, and deployment software manuals; internal standards; document templates; presentations; and more.
- Edit written developer documentation as well as other technical content to create unified and consistent documents.
- Collaborate with development staff to collect and interpret technical information.
- Experience working with DITA authoring, write new documentation using topic-based structured authoring guidelines and with minimalist intent.
- Write and edit content using XML authoring tools (Oxygen XML Editor) and Content Management System (CMS).
- Liaise with managers, product owners, and end users to identify and define processes, procedures, requirements, and specifications to establish documentation needs for the products and deployment including, but not limited to, software and game-related systems and processes.
- Ensure timely delivery of a documentation set(s) within an Agile product lifecycle.
- Report regularly to stakeholders the progress of each project including all outstanding dependencies.
- Perform peer editing and production reviews using an internal company Standards Guide, Information Model, and industry standards.
- Ensure final documents are usable and of high quality.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Journalism, or equivalent experience. Along with Technical Writing Certification.
- If Above criteria is not met, then B-Tech in Computer Science.
- A background working with technology development is highly desirable.
- 3 to 7 years of experience in technical writing and document preparation.
Aristocrat is a world leader in gaming content and technology, and a top-tier publisher of free-to-play mobile games. We deliver great performance for our B2B customers and bring joy to the lives of the millions of people who love to play our casino and mobile games. And while we focus on fun, we never forget our responsibilities. We strive to lead the way in responsible gameplay, and to lift the bar in company governance, employee wellbeing and sustainability. We’re a diverse business united by shared values and an inspiring mission to bring joy to life through the power of play.
We aim to create an environment where individual differences are valued, and all employees have the opportunity to realize their potential. We welcome and encourage applications from all people regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, cultural background, disability status or LGBTQ+ identity. We offer a range of flexible working options through all.flex, our flexible hybrid work model and invite you to have a conversation with us about flexible working. EEO M/F/D/V
- World Leader in Gaming Entertainment
- Robust benefits package
- Global career opportunities
- All about the Player
- Talent Unleashed
- Collective Brilliance
- Good Business Good Citizen
The US based roles may require registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.