This job might no longer be available.
Senior Technical Project Manager
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
9 days ago
Our projects are seriously fun and we need talented Project Managers to run them. We build software and hardware for superb clients like Lululemon, Enbridge and Sphero, to name just a few. As a PM at Unity, you will get the chance to work on a number of exciting projects that cover the realms of Augmented and Virtual Reality, and a range of custom-made web and mobile applications.
You will be expected to navigate each project through the entire development cycle- tracking and communicating priorities and deadlines and managing all resource allocation. You will be a major contributor, and accountable for projects that drive the whole success of the company.
We will expect you to already have a serious understanding of how mixed reality, mobile and web software works. You will be a solid team motivator and know how to consistently execute against your objectives - within budget and time constraints, of course!
Occasional travel to client sites (including some international travel) may be required.
- Partner with the Project Technical Director(s) and manage the entire development process
- Manage the scope and capacity of the team throughout the project
- Support developers by proactively removing obstacles that might otherwise hinder or distract them from their work
- Organize, create agendas and presentations for client and stakeholder meetings
- Lead meetings, present content, and facilitate discussion
- Facilitate communication within the project team and among key stakeholders
- Develop and maintain schedules, milestones, staffing requirements and all required project documentation
- Ongoing risk management
- Support our dedicated testing resources and interfaces with internal and external QA department(s)
- Generate and present weekly project status reports for key stakeholders
- Track work to date and estimate to complete, ensuring projects are on track and profitable
- Contribute to continuous improvement of our delivery methodology
- Experience in software project management
- University degree or equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered for this position
- Understanding of software development frameworks and technologies
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practice project management methodologies and a desire for continuous improvement
- Professional service experience
- Must be analytical, flexible, team-oriented
- Good interpersonal and follow-up skills
- Technical proficiencies in Microsoft Office products and/or their Mac equivalents
- Familiarity with leading project management software tools and software
- No restrictions on travelling internationally.
- Professional project management training or certification - PMP, PMI-ACP, SCRUM
- Keen interest or prior experience within the VR/AR/MR space
- JIRA mastery
- Experience working in an Agile environment
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Oculus, Autodesk, Microsoft and many more, to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.