Senior Technical Program Manager
13 days ago
Twitch is the world’s biggest live streaming service, with global communities built around gaming, entertainment, music, sports, cooking, and more. It’s where millions of people come together to chat, interact, and make their own entertainment.
We’re about community, inside and out. You’ll find coworkers who are eager to team up, collaborate, and smash (or elegantly solve) problems together. We’re on a quest to empower live communities, so if this sounds good to you, see what we’re up to on LinkedIn and Twitter , get interviewing tips on Instagram , and discover projects we’re solving on our Blog .
About the Role
The Video Platform team is building the future of interactive video to serve both Twitch.tv and the AWS community through our recently launched AWS offering, the Amazon Interactive Video Service (IVS). With trillions of minutes of video being delivered every year on our platform, we need a Technical Program Manager (TPM) to manage the delivery of our services.
As a Senior Technical Program Manager, you will ensure the teams are delivering the highest quality products and services predictably while meeting the technical needs of our community. You will guide both strategy and tactical decision-making to deliver complex cross-team programs. As well as partner with program managers to help support the strategic deliverables while working with engineering to support important technical efforts. You will report to a Director of Technical Program Management.
This is an opportunity to work within Twitch and AWS to help define the next generation of video platforms. You will bring deep technical, program management, and leadership expertise. You will have a desire to find and implement improvements, and a desire to improve product shipment efficiencies.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, such as engineering, product, marketing, security, and legal
- Manage complex cross-team programs from ideation to implementation to delivery
- Create transparency and predictability with roadmaps, planning, and partner management
- Ensure goals are met on time and hitting our quality bar
- Manage delivery schedules and emergent tasks while mitigating risks, managing tradeoffs, and eliminating blockers
- Set and embody the team culture and standards consistent with Twitch and Amazon principles
- Drive alignment with AWS and Twitch business and technical leadership
- 5+ years of project management or technical program management experience
- A history of shipping quality products
- Ability to align roadmaps and manage disparate tasks with varying priorities
- Experience managing multiple executive sponsors, stakeholders , and dependencies
- Experience working with distributed teams and facilitating virtual meetings
- Solid aptitude to find and address risks with all levels of leadership
- Talent in negotiating and resolving conflict smoothly and with or without formal authority
- Bachelors in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) field, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with distributed cloud technologies and projects (AWS)
- Understanding of real-time video streaming
- Remote-friendly Workplace (eligible states: WA, UT, CA)
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k) , Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships , off-site massages , etc. ),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The base pay range for this position in Colorado, Connecticut and Washington is $148,700 - $201,200 yr and in New York City is $163,600 - $221,300 yr. Pay is based on market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on payment and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Applicants should apply via Twitch's internal or external careers site.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.
Twitch values your privacy. Please consult our Candidate Privacy Notice, for information about how we collect, use, and disclose personal information of our candidates.
Job ID: TW7284
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.