Senior Technical Program Manager
8 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Technical Program Manager
We are seeking a Senior Technical Program Manager (TPM) to be the technical delivery driver and champion of our Data Platform Engineering team. The Senior TPM will act as a servant leader who collaboratively plans, carries out, and mitigates risks and dependencies while providing streamlined, timely communication to partners.
With strong technical skills, the Senior TPM will work with multiple scrum teams of engineers and work closely with globally distributed engineering teams and influence them to deliver robust analytics and visualization solutions. You will use industry standard methodologies for scheduling, tracking and execution of our projects as well as initiating, planning, and implementing intermediate-to-large cross team programs. You will have a balance of people, organizational, and technical skills, and can deliver successfully in situations with implicit authority. Interaction and leadership across functional lines is critical.
- Act as the scrum master for two data engineering teams, with a keen eye on measuring and improving team velocity
- Handle all phases of engineering, design, development, testing, and deployment using Agile practices, while collaborating with other internal teams and groups who are our customers
- Ensures all project documentation and tracking tools are complete and current
- Maintains team focus on strategy and goal-oriented results
- Process improvements – define, implement and continuously improve processes that improve delivery and operational efficiency.
- You will provide ongoing transparency into the progress, risks, schedules, and timelines of the features in development
- You will develop and lead end-to-end implementations toward technical standards and expected delivery dates
- 5+ years of Program Management and Project Management experience
- Experience with agile methodologies and collaboration tools (JIRA, Confluence etc), including experience with scrum master, product manager and/or product owner roles.
- Strong communication, cross-group collaboration, and interpersonal skills
- Prior experience as a software developer or data engineer
- Ability to develop tools and drive process improvements by implementing project/program management best practices to deliver outstanding customer experiences.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or equivalent experience in software development or data engineering, with a demonstrated technical capability
- Experience with cloud based technologies such as AWS, Azure, etc
- Detail oriented with experience leading cross-functional teams to product delivery
- Keen eye for detail and handling multiple simultaneous dependencies.
- Ability to influence teams remotely working with globally distributed teams and travel to collaborate when necessary.
- Strong sense of ownership.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate equally well to executives, product managers, software engineers, and project manager
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.