Senior Technical Program Manager.
13 days ago
Who We Are
2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming systems and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets, which are delivered through physical retail, digital download, online platforms, and cloud streaming services. 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, sports, casual, and family entertainment
Our vision at 2K is to create a diverse and inclusion environment to Come As You Are and feel equipped to do your best work! We are dedicated to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and equality in all that we do. Our communities are focused on increased access and personal growth, and their greatness depends on a diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, and perspective. We're an equal opportunity employer, and we're excited to build the future of co-living with the world's most hardworking and passionate people.
What You Will Do
We are looking for an experienced Senior Technical Program Manager to lead our data and analytics initiatives. At 2K data is the lifeline of everything we do! We are a data driven organization providing data products and insights throughout the 2K organization and related companies. We work directly with a wide variety of partners, from executive management to studio heads to analysts. We also partner in providing data to our players in the form of campaigns, promotions, and machine learning-based data products and recommendations. Does this sound like something you'd be proficient in?
- Collaborating with the Sr. Director of Data Engineering you will be working with Data Engineers, Visualization Engineers, Data Scientists, and leadership to deliver on the Data Engineering and Business Intelligence initiatives and align them with our strategic company OKRs
- Partner Data Engineering and Business Intelligence backlogs. Partner with team leadership to build roadmaps, supervise progress, and communicate achievements, blockers, and delays when they happen
- Work closely with business partners and developers to ensure proper requirements are documented and agreed to for our different initiatives
- Develop processes and tooling to improve our task tracking, validate success criteria, and ensure that partners are receiving proper and relevant communications
- Partner with developers and leadership to coordinate cross-function and cross-team efforts across 2K and related companies
- Demonstrate your past experience as a developer to actively participate in design reviews and technical documentation
Who We Think Will Be a Great Fit
- Have consistent track record in a program, product, or project management capacity
- Previously worked in an individual contributor role in either Data Engineering, Data Platforms, or Business Intelligence
- Detail oriented and very organized
- Experienced working with multiple teams, meaningful priorities, and geographically distributed stakeholders and partners
- Have functional knowledge of data modelling, big data technologies, and business analysis
- Understand the basics of the machine learning lifecycle and can assess when a machine learning solution is the best fit.
- Proficient with SQL and SQL-like query languages and able to independently explore and validate data
- Proficient in one or more programming languages, such as Python (preferred), Scala, Java, and Ruby
- Have a demonstrated interest in Data, Data technologies, and industry shifts as it relates to data and analytics programs
- Focused on business results, prioritize and set the proper expectations with partners and partners
- Excellent communicator, able to tailor your communication for different audiences and ensure effective communication between developers, partners, and leadership
- Experience leading software releases, bug/issue tracking systems, and SDLC processes.
- Worked with visualization tools in the past such as PowerBI, Tableau, or Qlikview/Sense
- Experience in the video game and/or entertainment and media industries
- Familiar with cloud infrastructure and can make recommendations when a cloud or vendor-managed service can be utilized