Senior Technical Product Manager, Documentation
Brighton, United Kingdom
7 days ago
The Product Management team at Unity is growing and we’re looking for an experienced Product Manager for our technical documentation.
We’re looking for someone who can hit the ground running, quickly form good working relationships with developers, and work collaboratively to deliver great documentation that simplifies, explains, and empowers users to get the most from Unity products.
When you join us, you’ll work centrally as part of Unity’s Product Management team. We are responsible for empowering our product teams to solve hard problems - customer problems and business problems - in ways that delight our customers, yet work for our business.
You’ll be part of a talented, dynamic team of product managers, technical writers, content managers, and information architects working across countries and timezones to support a passionate, growing community of developers and artists.
As the Product Manager, Documentation at Unity, you will be leading product management of the documentation initiatives at Unity. You will have the opportunity to work with our Research and Development organization to create best in class documentation designed to help our users build world-class content.
- Work with the Documentation Team leads and developers to define a unified vision for Unity’s Documentation offerings with a special focus on our Unity Editor and Engine technology and products
- Work closely with Unity’s customers across all our markets from Gaming to Architecture, Engineering to Construction, and Media & Entertainment to both do the discovery of new user needs and the validation of how well our documentation aids development
- Listen to our customers’ needs and translate them into solutions, features, and outcomes that empower our documentation teams to build world class documentation and make world-class content
- Be an expert on the competitive landscape on documentation and provide those insights to internal teams within Unity
- Work together with our Engineering, Program Management, Product Design, and Product Marketing teams to develop roadmaps for documentation which includes planning, feature definition, development of the commercial case for new and existing verticals, and help execute the go-to-market release
- Represent our documentation and product as a spokesperson and knowledgeable authority with users, suppliers, press, and strategic partners
- Product management experience in a leading SaaS business
- Experience successfully developing and guiding new product feature delivery, including a proven ability to champion product enhancements through to successful launch
- Excellent product management, communication, and leadership skills
- Excellent collaborator that works well in team environments
- Have the ability to build a business case around a product or service
- Experience working with documentation teams or another content creation discipline
- Working with distributed teams across time zones
- Enterprise-scale software development
- Game development (Unity engine or otherwise)
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.