Senior Technical Product Manager - Cloud Platform
20 days ago
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
Product Management partners with game development, publishing, marketing, and platform teams to provide a data and market-driven view of product strategy that aligns with business goals. As part of Epic’s Growth Team, we use our product expertise to identify and drive growth levers to grow our player base and business.
What You'll Do
In the role of Product Manager for our cloud infrastructure platform, you will embody visionary leadership, orchestrating collaboration among production, development, and operations teams. Your mission will be to innovate and expand our platform by crafting new features, services, and processes that align with our strategic vision and roadmap. With a keen focus on our developer community, you will leverage disciplined analysis, feedback, and iterative goal-setting to enhance the developer experience significantly.
In this role, you will
- Vision and Strategy Formulation: Develop and communicate a long-term vision and strategy for the infrastructure platform that aligns with Epic's broader objectives
- Building PRDs: Collaborate with stakeholders and users to build Product Requirement Documents (PRDs) that capture essential features, specifications, and user stories, ensuring the development aligns with user needs and business objectives
- Strategic Collaboration: Engage deeply with engineering teams across the infrastructure organization to prioritize and define the roadmap, continuously refining the group's overarching vision and strategy
- Enhancing User Experience: Lead the initiative to improve the infrastructure experience for everyone in the company. This entails making the onboarding process clearer, simplifying the integration with developers' CI/CD pipelines, and bolstering monitoring and logging functionalities
- Defining Success Metrics: Establish clear success metrics that align with key business and technical goals, ensuring they resonate with the expectations of internal stakeholders
- Solution-Focused Collaboration: Work closely with stakeholders and internal studios to drive the creation of user-friendly solutions that empower the entire business to effectively leverage the infrastructure platform
- Advocacy for Stakeholder Needs: Serve as an advocate for the needs of our internal stakeholders, balancing the development of internal solutions with those provided by vendors to create a seamless infrastructure platform
What we're looking for
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in product management, with a significant portion dedicated to cloud infrastructure and platform product management or engineering roles
- A strong technical foundation paired with a customer-centric approach, in cloud infrastructure and DevOps with an understanding of Kubernetes, Containers, CI/CD, Cloud Networking, Secret Management, and other related technologies
- The ability to navigate across different teams and disciplines, building a unified product vision for our infrastructure platform
- Comfort in dealing with ambiguity, employing qualitative and quantitative methods to prioritize the roadmap effectively
- We're seeking an individual with exceptional communication skills, capable of clearly and concisely bridging technical and strategic domains, and adept at tailoring messages to various audiences
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents. Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.