Senior Technical Game Designer
Milan Lombardy it
13 days ago
Ubisoft Milan is looking for a Senior Technical Game Designerto be involved in the production of a prestigious AAA title.
The ideal candidate has more than 5 years of experience as a Game Designer in the videogame industry with in-depth knowledge in how to deliver fun and compelling player experiences.
- Pitch, design and prototype core game systems;
- Oversee the production and implementation of the technical elements of a complete game feature by working in close collaboration with TDs, programmers and collaborators in other departments;
- Act as a technical expert on the topic and ensure the tools, documents, technical support and dissemination of best practices (with the approval of the Lead Game Designer);
- Contribute to data optimization and validation by ensuring that colleagues comply with the technical standards that apply in the area of expertise, in keeping with budget constraints;
- Periodically provide feedback to TDs, including suggestions to improve tools and methods, bugs, etc;
- As an expert user, help test new features and tools before they are deployed to the rest of the team;
- Create and maintain design documentation, including feature specification and implementation guidelines;
- Implement, balance and bug fix gameplay features, overseeing them from concept to final implementation;
- Collaborate with the team to ensure the implementation of systems into actual gameplay maintaining the overall balance between multiple gameplay systems;
- 3+ years of experience in videogame industry;
- Comfortable with both conceptual and practical aspect of game design;
- Deep knowledge of gameplay mechanics and player motivation;
- Technical background in programming or scripting;
- Open to constructive criticism and know how to listen and give feedbacks to others;
- Comfortable with a development schedule that is playtest-driven and focused on fast iterations and polish;
- Strong motivation and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Fluent in English.
As a plus:
- Experience with 3D softwares and level building tools;
- Knowledge of UX Design.
- Understanding of player data analysis;