Senior Technical Game Designer
6 days ago
- Full ownership of the produced function - from conceptual and paper design, through the prototyping phase, scripting, iteration, debugging, optimization, until delivery of the game
- Creating player's interaction with the world and enemies
- Paying attention to mechanics introduced to the game and cooperating with the departments of animation, sound, GFX and programming, to make sure that these mechanisms are fun and engaging, and at the same time represent the highest visual and sound quality
- Cooperating with programmers on how features should be implemented and define what should be data driven and what shouldn't
- Providing clear and detailed reports of bugs to other teams
- Implementing player character with animations and behavior using animation blueprints, montages, visual effects & sound effects using various scripting systems in relationship between gameplay elements within the level and the overall game and all of the ways the player can respond to each gameplay element.
- Acting as a first person of contact with all technical game design issues and be able to determine when something can be manageable in script, and when it should really be handled in code by programmers team
- Proactively identifying workflow issues and offer solutions,
- Conducting playtest sessions for involved developers (level designers, artists, animators and programmers) to discuss and improve implemented prototypes.
- Creating detailed and easy to follow design documentation
- Sharing knowledge with less experienced peers
- Occasionally supporting Lead in recruitment projects with HR collaboration
- 6+ Years of professional game design/scripting experience
- At least one successful shipped AAA game on PC or console
- Strong experience in game design – both practice and theory (paper design and implementation)
- Strong experience with visual scripting systems or other experience with programming and scripting languages
- Experience working with a variety of established game toolsets
- Solid theoretical knowledge of game design practices
- An in depth understanding of major elements of game design
- Strong analytical and formal thinking, able to break problems down in their key variables and identify the relations between them;
- Deep understanding of systems design, player psychology, and emerging industry trends
- Great understanding of creative and game development processes
- Strong problem solving and trouble-shooting skills
- Working proficiency with Unreal Engine Editor
- Ability to process, understand and implement feedback
- Ability to prioritize and deliver best quality work under tight schedule
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Open-minded team player attitude
- Strong work ethic and self-motivated
Nice to have
- Former programming experience
- Knowledge and passion for RPG genre games.
What we offer
- A competitive salary and performance-based bonuses
- Personal development opportunities and the possibility to work in a multicultural environment
- Work in a creative team with people full of passion for what they do
- Private health care including dental treatment & MultiSport card
- Business trips and integration events
- Comprehensive assistance in relocation
- Fresh fruits, snacks, and beverages for everyone in the office
- Free library with a wide range of games and books
- In-company English language classes and Polish lessons for foreigners
- An informal atmosphere, no dress code, no unwanted formalities
People Can Fly is one of the leading independent AAA games development studios with an international team of hundreds of talented individuals working from offices located in Poland, UK, US, and Canada, and from all over the world thanks to our remote work programs.
Founded in 2002, we made our mark on the shooter genre with titles such as Painkiller, Bulletstorm, Gears of War: Judgment, and Outriders. We are one of the most experienced Unreal Engine studios in the industry and we are expanding it with in-house solutions called PCF Framework.
Our creative teams are currently working on several exciting AAA projects with the top publishers in the industry: Project Gemini with Square Enix and Project Dagger with Take-Two (2K), in addition to a new IP to be self-published and two other games in a concept phase. One of our IPs is also being adapted for VR technology.
With over 20 years of experience, PCF sets out to explore new horizons. We aim to combine our expertise with creativity of the best and most forward-thinking talents in the industry to work together on the new generation of action games for the global gaming community.
If you decide to accompany us on this journey, you’ll have a chance to perfect your craft and expand your knowledge, working alongside leaders in the industry on bringing a brand-new unique experience to the players worldwide.
Project Gemini is a yet unannounced AAA game developed with Square Enix – the publisher of our recent AAA title, Outriders. The game development involves primarily our Europe based teams.
If you feel yourself able to deliver as nobody else, take ownership of your projects, and are ready to leave a mark on a game you work on, apply now!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.