Senior Technical Artist
12 days ago
Zynga Austin is looking for a Senior Technical Artist to join the team that brings to life one of the most beloved franchises, Wizard of Oz Slots! We make the world’s most beautiful slots and do so in a fast-moving, supportive, and energetic environment. Our team consists of industry veterans from the casino and video game industry, giving us great depth and adaptability.
The Sr Technical Artist will be working with a team of Designers, UX, Concept Artists, Animators, Producers and Software Engineers to develop beautiful and optimal game content in Cocos Engine. The Sr Technical Artist acts as liaison between engineering and all disciplines, responsible for the planning, implementation, documentation and optimization of art setups to support our game’s animation and design needs. A key member who’s primary role is to support the team and the product and is expected to be proactive in their communication on a daily basis.
Additional duties include:
- Creating/Modifying base projects for engineering implementation
- Providing frequent support to artists, engineers and system designers
- Solving art related bugs and help identify if bugs are related to code or data
- Auditing/Profiling asset performance
- Texture Optimization & Keyframe Optimization
- Some tool scripting for productivity
Our ideal candidate is a great communicator, team player, and proactive problem solver. You draw from a range of skills to creatively determine solutions. You are a contributor of ideas, overseer of pipelines, and collaborator across discipline lines providing expertise and seeking out potential issues before they become problems.
- Effective communication with team members of varying disciplines including written documentation of art setups and processes
- Ability to adapt, learn quickly and work on a fast paced environment
- Proficient creating content for game engines like Cocos, Unity or Unreal
- Expertise in optimizing art assets, both for asset size on disk and in-game performance
- Strong problem-solving methodology
- Core Photoshop skills such as compositing, touch ups, tiling, proper use of layer styles and creative art save out for animation.
- Core understanding of concept art and animation workflows
- Technical background in developing scripts, Photoshop actions, and other automation tools necessary for art implementation and optimization
- 3+ years experience in games development
- A passion for video games
- An appreciation for Casino games, especially video slots
- Experience with version control software such as Perforce and Git
- Insatiable thirst for technical challenges
- A passion for supporting your peers and empowering them to do their job effectively and efficiently
- Some proficiency with OO Programming languages such as Objective C, C++ or C#
- Some knowledge creating shaders for a game engine
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Zynga RSU’s (Restricted Stock Units), ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- 401K Company Match Contribution
- Medical, dental, vision, EAP, life insurance, and disability benefits
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid maternity/parental leave
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Discretionary Time Off policy for many employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diverse community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome candidates, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
Zynga will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.