Senior Technical Artist
4 days ago
Arkane Studios is seeking a highly skilled Senior Technical Artist to work closely with the technical art, engineering, and art teams on current and upcoming next gen AAA games. The ideal candidate can solve problems independently while communicating clearly with feature stakeholders and have a desire to work in a creative and collaborative environment.
- Provide guidance for the art teams to create performant and PBR compliant game art
- Troubleshoot and address performance bottlenecks in the game
- Work closely with the rendering and engine teams on shaders and performance
- R&D complex game art and VFX systems
- Work on new workflows and pipeline improvements
- 5+ years of experience in game development
- Shipped at least one AAA title
- Excellent knowledge of modern art content pipelines including Maya, Substance Designer and Substance Painter
- In depth knowledge of PBR workflows
- Good Python knowledge
- Experience with RenderDoc, PIX and similar tools for GPU captures and frame analysis
- Great knowledge of shading languages like HLSL and GLSL
- Bachelor's degree in Art, Animation, Game Development or Computer Science
- Experience developing open world and/or first-person shooter (FPS) games
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 and Blueprint Scripting
- C++ programming experience
- Knowledge of modern VFX workflows like Niagara and Houdini.
- Good knowledge of physical based lighting
Applicant Privacy Notice
CCPA Applicant Privacy Notice
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.